Chapter Seven

Before you read this, I have to explain something.

This story is very different from the movie, considering ages. Vanellope is 17, close to 18 in this version of the movie. I have Ralph somewhere in his twenties, and King Candy, AKA Turbo, is somewhere in his late twenties as well. Same characters, different ages and slightly different appearances. It might be a little weird to picture it, I know, but I have to make it so that its not so weird. I hope this makes sense.

But anyways, we can continue with the story.

                                     ********************

My head had a pulse when I came to.

I groaned, feeling an ache in my arms. They were still locked behind me, causing them to cramp up. With further inspection, I found that there was a metal belt around my abdomen, linked to numerous chains attached to the wall to keep me in the middle of the room. There were various decorations on the wall,, some having cartoonish animals and sad clowns scolding me. In front of me, there was a thick wooden door under a stone arch with a small barred window towards the top. Above it were the words, Welcome to the Fun-geon!

"Fun-geon?" I scoffed. "Is that supposed to be clever?"

"Why? What's wrong with it?" I twisted my head slightly to see the last person I wanted to see leaning against the wall.

"It's very cheesy for one," I said coldly. "And second, it's just plain idiotic, if you ask me,"

"You know, it's very rude to insult a king in his own castle," King Candy commented.

"You're only a king because the program made you a king," I spat. "I bet I'd make a better ruler than you,"

King Candy's posture went rigid. "You have a sharp tongue...for a thief,"

"I'm not a thief!" I argued. "I was only borrowing the medal so I could race,"

"Same difference," he said. "Even if you did plan to return it, you're still charged with trespassing, the theft of a kart, and assault,"

"That's not fair! I didn't touch anyone!"

"No, but your friend did. And since you were an accomplice, that means we can pin it on you," he chuckled. "And it's just as well that we can't force you out of the game like we would someone else, so that means you're going to have to stay here for the rest of your life,"

"What?!" I shrieked. "But what about the race? I'm inckuded in that race whether you all like it or not!"

"You can't race without a kart, Vanellope,"