Prelogue

Avery

*4 Years Ago*

"Everyone, this is Averylee. She just moved here from England"

I waved to the class filled with either 11 or 12 year olds. I was in year 6 and this is the first time i have ever been to Australia.

"Averylee, why don't you sit between Luke and Aubrey" My teacher said as two heads looked at me.

I sit down and Aubrey smiles.

"I'm Aubrey!"

"I'm Averylee, but call me Avery"

I turn my head to Luke and smile. He smiles back and looks back down at his desk.

"I'm Avery" I say to him.

"Luke"

The rest of the day went well and my only friend at that school was Aubrey. But Luke was really nice, he was even cute.

The next day was different, I was with Aubrey and Luke came up to us. But he wasn't alone... He had three others with him. One with very curly hair, one with dark brown, and the other with amazing blue/green eyes.

I smiled at them and Luke gives an evil smirk.

"Luke?"

"Shut up"

He pulls me up by the collar of my shirt and punches my jaw. Tears start running down my face as he punches me again.

"LUKE STOP!" Aubrey yells at him.

Soon a teacher comes and pries him off of my shirt. I sit on the cold ground crying into my knees.

"Shhh, it's okay Avery" Aubrey said rubing circles around my back.

I only nod my head and try to stop crying. 

What did I do to him?