CHAPTER FIFTEEN : THE PROMISE

BLAKE's POV

Walang nagsalita sa amin matapos magkwento ni Kara. Who would have thought na ang isang Dana Williams na ang tapang tignan ay
may ganung karanasan. She's so strong outside yet so fragile inside.

Maya-maya pa'y bumaba na rin si Blue.
So kapatid pala ito ni Dana sa ama. I wonder kung paano magrereact si King kapag nalaman niya .

"Seems like you already told them" sabi ni Blue nang makababa na ito.

"I think they have the right to know. After all, kaibigan na rin namin sila ni Dana "

"I still don't get it. What's with the bracelet na hindi niya iyon pwedeng tanggalin ni Dana and what's with you calling her Angel? " tanong ni Ash

Lahat kami ay napatingin kay Blue

"Ako rin. I still don't get it "  Kara said

Blue just  smiled then shrugged his shoulders .

KING's POV

"Takot si Blue na baka ulitin ko ulit maglaslas kaya niya binigay sa akin itong bracelet.Aside from using it to cover the scar he told me na kapag dumating sa punto na gagawin ko ulit iyon tandaan ko lang daw na nandiyan siya.That he will never leave me. Na hindi ako nag-iisa.It was effective all along. Just seeing this bracelet make me feel okay. After that incident, Angel na rin ang tawag niya sa akin. At hanggang ngayon ay hindi ko pa rin alam ang dahilan. He wouldn't tell me "

Nakikinig lang ako kay Dana all this time.I don't know how to react.

"Six months later, nagdecide na akong bumalik dito sa Pilipinas. Ito lang kasi ang naisip kong paraan para matahimik na ang lahat. Si Ate naman, pagdating ko dito, she went back to States. I think she hates me.Sinundan ako ni Kara.My grandparents provided everything from then until now.Anak pa rin naman daw ako ni Papa."

"Wifey"

"Hmmmm? " she looked at me

"I promise you,  I will never ever leave your side. I promise to  do whatever it takes to make you happy. I will always love you forever.And I promise to keep this promise " I said as I kissed her forehead, her cheeks, the tip of her nose then her lips.

"You kiss-stealer" she said as she giggled.

"I love you  Wifey "

"I love you too ... H-hubhub"

"What did you say "

"Wala akong sinabi " she said blushing

"I heard it Wifey.Say it again "

"Ayaw "

"Wifey..."

" Ayaw " she said while shaking her head

"Ayaw mo talaga? "

"Ayaw ko talaga "

"Ayaw mo? " I started tickling her

"Hahahahaha ... tama na...hahaha..King ... tama na "

"Ayoko! Say the magic word first "

"No ! Hahaha.King ano ba ...hahaha! Oo na oo na! Stop it Hubhub !"

I stopped tickling her then humiga ako sa tabi niya. I hugged her.

"Say it one more time, Wifey "

"You're so demanding Hubhub"

I smiled as I kissed her hands  .

" Kissing monster! "

BLUE's POV

I smiled when I saw King and Angel walking down the stairs holding each other's hand. I guess my role here is finished. I already found the man that will take care of her. Hindi na ako dadalawin ni Papa sa panaginip ko. It's not that I don't like my father visiting me in my dreams,  I just feel that I have to fulfill my promise to him five years ago.

Flashback 5 years ago
"Papa you want to talk to me? " tanong ko kay Papa na busy sa pagbabasa sa study table  niya.

"Yes anak.Come in."

Pumasok naman ako. He stood up then went to the veranda. Sumunod naman ako sa kanya.

"I guess you're old enough para malaman mo ang lahat"

"About what Papa? "

"Fifteen years ago, I fell in love with a girl. But I know that it will not lead to a happy ever after. I was arranged to marry your Mom. I left the girl then married your mom. Two years later, nagkita ulit kami ng babaeng yun. That time, I was already married to your Mom and she was pregnant with you and your sister .It wasn't our intention.It just happened. I slept with her. A year later, she went to my office.  She left a baby saying that's my child. I didn't doubt her because the first time I saw the baby, I had this feeling that she was part of me. She's my angel."

" Yung baby na yun ...was it Dana? "

"Yes. "

I don't know what to say. I can't believe Dana is  my half sister. Now I know why Mom don't treat her well.

"Why are you telling me this all of a sudden? "

"I want you to promise me one thing"

"What is it? "

"Protect Dana.Never leave her side.Time will come and I won't already be here to look after her and when that time comes, Blue, I want you to be there for her. Stay with her until the time that she already find the one who will take our position as her protectors "

"Don't you think you're being unfair Dad? What about my twin sister? She also needs me. She also needs you. "

"Your sister will be fine having your Mom but what about Dana? She only have me ... and you. So promise me Blue, be there for her "

" I promise, Dad "

End of flash back

"Okay ka lang Blue? "

"Huh? "

"I'm asking if you're okay "

"Yeah.Okay lang ako Angel, I was just thinking of something. By the way, can I talk to King? "

"Hubhub, Blue wants to talk to you"

I smiled. My Angel is really in love. I walked to the garden then King followed me.

"Gusto mo raw akong kausapin Asul?"

"You really love calling me Asul don't you? "

He shrugged .

"Five years ago, I made a promise to an old man.I promised him that I'll take care of his Angel and never leave her side until she finally meet the man who will take our position and be her lifetime protector. Then a month ago,  a news reached me.She's dating someone and that very same night, that old man visit me in my dreams. He told me to check his Angel. He told me to see  if that *sshole deserve his Angel. Now I'm asking you, do you deserve his Angel? "

King smiled as he shrugged.

"What do you think? " he asked

"Prove me that you deserve her."

"I'll take that position of yours. I promised her already that I will protect her and never leave her side"

"Good "

"But I want you to promise me one thing Asul"

" What is it? "

"If time will come and I won't be able to fulfill my promise, promise to remind me "

"Yeah.My fist will promise to remind you "

************************************
wow! that's a lot of promises! how do you find the story so far? xD