Chapter 17

Kai's Pov

The morning went by quickly.  I soon found myself in front of the office desk, talking with Sierra.

She got Anthony a wetsuit and oxygen mask, so I was just waiting for him to arrive.

When he arrived we make our way to the merformer rooms.  I wanted to check-in with the Decepticons before going to the Autobot room to take some pictures.

My plans changed when we saw Agent Fowler standing in front of the Decepticon room.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"Yes.  The Decepticons got into another fight," he says.  "You need to patch them up."

I nod, understanding the task. 

I really hope Megatron and Soundwave weren't in that fight.  After Angent Fowler leaves I turn to Anthony.  I open my mouth to speak, but Anthony interrupts me.

"I know what your about to say.  And the answer is no.  I will not wait in the Autobot room while you treat their wounds," he says.

I'm a bit shocked that he guessed my thoughts.  Am I really that predictable?

"Well, since I probably can't stop you, let's go," I say.

He nods and thanks me before opening the door.

Megatron's Pov

I wait for Kai to walk in.  I am basking on a rock while Soundwave is sitting on the floor.

My plan was in motion.  After Agent Fowler found out that I beat the scrap out of my Second In Command and Head Scientist (I don't really know what Shockwave's real position is, so I'm sorry if I got that wrong) this morning, he surely told Kai to check out their wounds.

I hear the door click open and I expectantly turn my head toward it.  And sure enough Kai walks in...with Anthony.

I frown and scowl.  But, Kai smiles when she spots us.  She waves and Soundwave waves back.  I just stare pointally at Anthony.  He makes eye contact with me, but he isn't afraid anymore.  If anything else, he seems determined.  I jump to conclusions and jealousy sparks inside of me.  I can tell Soundwave is also struggling to be positive, his rigid posture proves it.

Anthony's Pov

"So, who's injured?" Kai asks.

"Starscream and Shockwave," the dark purple merformer on the floor says in a mechanical voice.

Kai frowns and then pinches the bridge of her nose.

"Please tell me you didn't beat them up for me," she mutters.

"We couldn't let them go unpunished, love," the grey merformer on the rocks says.

I frown at his choice of words.  He smiles when he notices my concern.

Kai sighs before saying, "Just bring them here."

The purple merformer dives under the water and Kai sits down next to the pool.  I join her on the floor, my eyes never leaving the grey merformer.  He scowls at me, and I scowl back.

The purple merformer resurfaces with a skinny grey merformer with red accents and another, but larger, purple merformer who has one red eye.

"Thank you, Soundwave," she says to the one who brought the new merformers.

He nods before joining the big grey one on the rocks.  Kai does her stuff, patching up their wounds.  I notice that she avoids making any sudden movements.

After she is done, the once injured merformers dive back under the water.  Not even bothering to say "thank you".  Kai collects the materials she used and packs them up in the medical kit again.  She then grabs the fish bucket that Jack dropped off earlier and offers some fishes to Soundwave and the other merfomer.

Then a stingrays pops out of the water and Kai smiles as she gives him a fish.  She also hands him the fish bucket and he swims off with it gripped in his mouth.  My best guess is that the stingray is going to pass out the rest of the fishes.  Kai is about to join the merformers on the rocks, but I scramble to my feet and stop her.  She pouts a bit as I shake my head, but she recultantly backs away from the rocks.

The merformers seemed confused, but they let us leave peacfully.  Before closing the door behind me, I smirk at my small victory.  I could tell the Decepticons on the rock saw it, I could feel their anger.  But, one step at a time.  All I need to know is that Kai is safe.

A/N: I'm so sorry that I posted this so late.  I was kinda busy today.  I have been neglecting Optimus and Ratchet, so they will be featured in the next few chapters.
Also, if anyone who reads this story has a ball python, please give me some tips on how to care for them.  I would love to have a bigass (pardon my language), thick danger noodle.  My mom says I have to get straight A's for two semesters (I'm totally going to fail though 😓) to be able to get one.  I've been doing a bit of research, but I would appreciate some advice from experienced people.
That was long...thanks for reading it. 🤗