SPECIAL: I should go

again, so special chapters are chapters where it wasn't part of the first Latch. enjoy!

YOU GUYS NEED TO LISTEN TO "I SHOULD GO BY LEVI KREIS" TO APPRECIATE THIS CHAPTER MORE. I SWEAR GUYS YOU HAVE TO. I PLACED IT ON THE MEDIA THINGY AT THE RIGHT"

twitter.com/LatchWriters

ask.fm/LatchWriters

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRESENT

Mika’s POV

It’s 5:45pm. Although the invite said to be there at 6pm, most likely the program would start at 7pm. I walked to my closet and looked through my stack of rarely used dresses. After rummaging through the pile, I chose to wear my black cocktail dress since the birthday party was rather formal. After dressing up, I grabbed my phone and texted my date.

To: Kris

To pick me up, pick you up, or meet you there?

Reply

From: Kris

Meet you there

With that being settled, I grabbed my clutch bag on my bedside table and proceeded to tonight’s festivities. I got in the car and drove my way to Hyatt hotel.

2 WEEKS BEFORE

Kiefer’s POV

I grabbed my guitar set and carried it over my back. I placed it in my car’s trunk along with the other instruments that will be used for tonight.

“is that everything bro?” Thirdy asked

“that’s about it” I replied

“I am so stoked for tonight. Can’t believe its gonna be my last bonfire before I’m actually part of the team”

“hahahaha and in a couple of months we’re going to have another bonfire when we get the championship”

I gave him a fist bump after saying that.

We both got in the car and decided we ride separately from our parents since we needed to be there earlier.

PRESENT

Mika’s POV

“hey!” I see Kris standing right outside the entrance doors of the ballroom

“let’s go?” he asked while raising his arm so I could hold on to it

We made our way to our assigned table. Being the gentleman that he is, he pulled my chair out and asked me to sit first.

Today’s the 18th birthday of a friend. Like any other debut, it had the usual gowns, roses, gifts and its entire splendor. At first I was not planning to go anymore since I barely knew anyone here and to be honest, I was still not in the celebration mood after the loss. But my mom insisted that I go out and have fun. When it’s your parents who actually convince you to go out and party, you know it’s serious.

2 WEEKS BEFORE