Ahead

-----

Pre timeskip, takes place after chapter seven and takes place before chapter eight. Takes place after "The Tired Teach" part and "Platinum Fish" part. Many students from other classes have been recruited at this point in time due to the success of the battle of the eagle and lion.

-----

This mission had Byleth on edge.

Thankfully though nothing major happened but this was the most she had ever used Divine Pulse in a battle.

There were a lot of bandits and she unfortunately underestimated their strength.

The people she took with her on the mission were also some she had never worked with before thus making it a bit different than usual.

Lysithea, Lorenz & Marianne were back at the monastery because they were unable to make it. However, it meant she had the new recruits with her to work with. These new recruits being Linhardt, Annette & Sylvain.

On their way (back to the monastery by walk since it wasn't that far away), Claude did notice that Byleth was much further away from everyone else.

It was a bit unlike her and he could tell that she seemed a bit exhausted too.

So he spoke up with everyone. "Hey guys, go on ahead. I'm going to check up on Teach."

"Huh what? Is she ok?" Annette asked worriedly.

"She seems a bit exhausted so I want to see if she is doing alright. Don't worry about us though, just go on ahead." Claude reassured her.

Claude then ran back without bothering to answer.

Hilda then smirked when she saw Claude's concern for Byleth.

"Wait Claude-" Leonie tried to yell back but Hilda stopped her.

"Let him do it, I'll lead the way back to the monastery!"

Everyone stared at her, dumb founded.

"Sorry what?" Leonie asked.

Hilda then pointed towards Claude and Byleth, trying to help her catch the hint.

Everyone else followed her point.

"...Seriously Hilda?" Leonie's eyebrows furrowed in disbelief.

"Well you know how great they are tog-"

"That's not the point you weirdo. You're overthinking his concern a bit. He isn't wrong about her being...exhausted you know." Leonie facepalmed.

"What? What's going on?" Raphael asked.

"Raphael...um..." Ignatz nervously looked away in embarrassment who also caught Hilda's hint.

Flayn chuckled at this interaction. "Well, you heard the house leader, off we go!"

Leonie sighed as a result. "Whatever guys."

But she then slightly smiled at how silly everything is.

-----

"You fool! Why did you underestimate the enemy?!" Sothis scolded Byleth.

"Well I..." Byleth sighed.

Sothis facepalmed. "You don't even have a valid reason do you. Other than being a reckless kid of course."

"Sorry Sothis.."

"Hmph! Well you sh- Hmm? It seems like he is approaching you."

Byleth was caught off guard by that. "Huh?"