Chapter 10

Maddie's PoV

Training to get my Level 1 in football coaching shouldn't be hard since it's basically the same as what I just did at Uni. It shouldn't be hard. What makes it hard, or should I say who makes it hard is Jordan.

I was lying on the bed on my laptop going through health and safety and first aid. Jordan was editing but had now finished and was now lying half next to me, half on top of me.

He pulled my hair over my shoulder and rested his head on it. He kissed my cheek lightly, then my shoulder, then slowly started to brush his lips against my neck.

"What do you want?"

"Why do you assume I want something?"

"Because you're being more affectionate than usual and at the most inconvenient time."

"I'm just appreciating my beautiful girlfriend."

"Who is currently going through mandatory first aid."

I looked at him and he just smiled. "Gotta stay safe." He said. I giggled then pushed him off of me.

"Can I help?"

I looked at him really confused but he looked like he genuinely wanted to help.

"Remind me what you took for your GCSE's."

"I took basically the same as you. PE, Food Tech, Spanish and unlike you Media Studies."

"You took PE. I guess you can help a bit. Do you remember anything from PE."

"Um. Biceps. Abdominals. Um. Cranium?"

"All different parts of the body."

"Where's the cranium?"

"The cranium is basically your skull and it protects the brain. Along with ,like, 5 other reasons."

"Ok so what can I do?"

"Um," I glanced at the laptop screen."How would you check if someone has a concussion?"

"Um... you... look for symptoms."

"Close."

"Really?"

"Kind of."

"First, you need to know how and when the head injury happened. Then you check for symptoms, headaches, nausea, dizziness, blurred vision etc. Then, check memory and concentration. After that you have to check their physical ability. So, balance, coordination and reflexes."

"I don't think I'll be helpful anymore."

———————————————————————

"So, what's going on with you?"

Me and Erin were having a day out in the city centre. We've both been really busy so while Harry and Jordan hang out, me and Erin are too.

"Oh, you know, work. I got a small part in a tv show."

"Erin, that's amazing."

"Thanks. But how are you? We haven't had a day out in ages."

"I'm ok."

"That didn't sound very convincing. Come on. Let's go to Selfridges and you can tell me everything."

"So how are you and Harry?"

"No. We're doing you first." What's going on?"

"I don't know. Jordan's just been acting strange lately. And he's been like, really clingy too. Like, more than usual."

"Now that I think of it, so has Harry. But Harry's always acting weird... Boys are confusing."

"You can say that again."

"Wanna go to Starbucks?"

"Yeah sure."

—————————————

Jordan's PoV

"...so I think I'm gonna film that next week. But, how are things with Maddie?" Harry asked.

"Good. She's really close to getting her level 1. Y'know. We're just happy. What bout Erin?"

"Good. We're in a good place at the moment so... are you ok? You seem a bit off."

Should I tell him?

"Yeah, it's just..."

I can trust him.

"Look, promise you won't tell anyone, ok?"

"Yeah, I promise."

I took a well needed deep breath.

"Every since the wedding, I feel like that's something I want... with Maddie." He looks surprised. "I just don't know if Maddie wants the same."

"Wow, okay. I didn't think you would tell me that." He takes a minute to think before speaking again. "As Maddie's brother, Maddie has never been one of those girls who dreams about her wedding day so I don't know where her head is at. As you best friend, do what makes you happy."

"Thanks bro."

"But a dog. She's always wanted at least one dog."