Chapter 19 (Home)

Third Person POV

All the dragons had gathered themselves at the usual place where they'll meet their master, Hiccup. He was packing his things with Jack who was helping him. Rapunzel was playing with Toothless for awhile as she wanted to do that since she met the dragon in the first place.

As they were packing, Jack noticed that his friend who was still thinking whether he needs to leave the sanctuary or not. He could see it in his face who had stopped packing then took his time to gaze at the sky.

"Hey." Jack tapped on Hiccup's shoulder which made him snapped back to reality.

"Oh, hey, Jack..." He smiled.

"Something in your mind?" He asked.

"Well, I'm sure gonna miss this place..." The boy took a deep breath before he answered his question.

"You can always come here anytime, right?"

"It's not that simple, Jack. I came here for a reason..." He sighed.

"Hey... don't worry. You might return here... one day..." Jack convinced his best friend who was in distress that'd been bugging him.

"What makes you say that?" He inquired.

Jack turned his head to stare at the sky and said, "Whenever there's a trouble that threatens this place, I know you'll find your way to return here..."

"Yeah... you're right. Thanks, Jack." Hiccup thanked him.

"Anytime, buddy. Now let's head back." He smiled to him before he left to continue their packing.

After they're done, the duo head to the department point where Rapunzel was waiting for them with Toothless. She greeted them with a smile as they reached there. Her smile was the only thing that could make Hiccup feels better.

"Hey, are you okay?" She inquired as she placed her hand on his chin to lift his head so he could face her.

"I'm alright, Rapunzel..." He replied.

"So, you made up your mind?" She asked.

"Yes..." He nodded.

"Good..." She kissed him on his cheek before she hugged him for comfort.

The dragons were watching their sweet moment and they felt happy for them at the same time. After they pulled away, they walked together towards the dragon leader as the dragons gave them some space for them to walk, followed by Jack and Toothless.

"Father... thank you... for everything..." Hiccup smiled and shed a tear in his eyes.

"There's no need to cry, son... no matter where you are, we'll always be in your heart..." Eragon spoke softly.

The dragon leader lowered his head so Hiccup could hug him.

"You're a grown man, my boy... In a few years, you'll have a big responsibility waiting in your future..." He added after he pulled away from his 'son'.

"What do you mean by that, father?" Hiccup asked about what he was talking about.

"You'll find out soon enough... And do your best to look after her..." He answered.

"I will..." Hiccup replied in determination in his eyes.

Then, he mounted on Toothless and helped Rapunzel to get on the dragon. Jack could fly so he shouldn't have a problem about transport. The dragons cheered for his master to bid farewell. He smiled to them in return for the last time.

"You ready, bud?" He asked Toothless before he growled happily to his rider as response.

Eragon used his power to create the portal where it took Hiccup and Rapunzel to the sanctuary in the beginning. The boy glanced to them for the last time before he left as they ready to depart.

"Go forth, my son...!" Eragon made his final words to him which was possibly he never get to see his father again before he blasted off to the portal along with Jack.

Hiccup, Rapunzel, Toothless and Jack had disappeared as soon as they entered the portal to return to their home world.

Meanwhile...

"Hiccup, where are we...?" Rapunzel asked him after the portal took them somewhere they didn't recognise.

"We're home... look..." He smiled as he walked forward to look at the city.

"Woah..." Her eyes widen in astonishment because it's been a few years to her since she didn't return here for a long time but the city hasn't change a bit until now.

"Welcome home... princess..." Hiccup smiled to her.

And with that, Hiccup spent the rest of his life with his love ones as they lived happily ever after as couple.

A/N : What do you think happens to them after this? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote this chapter if you enjoy it and share it with your friends~! :)