Chapter 17 (Miracle Part 2)

Third Person POV

Hiccup's body began to float by itself as the light from Rapunzel's power carried him in midair. It flowed around him fading the darkness that lurking in his heart. After that, his body lied on the ground slowly and the light disappeared as soon as the body touched the ground.

Rapunzel, still in the form of her heart, transformed into her original self after she got out from Hiccup's body.

"You made it!" Jack congratulated her.

She ignored him as she rushed towards Hiccup then carried him in her arms placing him on her lap. She did everything she could to save her love ones.

"Hiccup! Hiccup!" She hit his chin lightly to wake him up but still had no response.

Her mind haunted by despair as she failed to wake the dragon boy. Jack and Toothless came closer to check on them. Tears formed in their eyes when they saw him who was still not breathing.

"No... No... Please..." Rapunzel hugged him tightly as the tears from her eye dropped on his cheek crying for his name.

After a few minutes later, a sound like someone cough was heard by Rapunzel which made her shocked. She thought it was Jack's but she was wrong.

"R-Rapunzel..."

It was Hiccup who was choking to get some air when Rapunzel hugged him tightly which he couldn't breath.

"H-Hiccup...?!" She exclaimed in disbelief when she pulled away from her hug.

"Hi..." The boy caught his breath and smiled faintly to her indicating that he'd return.

"Oh my God, Hiccup...!!!"

She almost believed that he's dead but the miracle happened on that day as she'd finally saved the one she loved. She hugged him tighter than she just did and cried with joy.

"You missed me...?" He inquired weakly during they hugged.

"More than anything...!!!" She cried which made him chuckled.

Toothless rushed towards Hiccup as soon as they pulled away pinning him on the ground playfully while licking his face. The dragon was in excitement as his rider came back to life. Jack could only laugh while watching the dragon's behavior along with Rapunzel.

"Toothless! You know that doesn't wash out! Stop it already, bud!" Hiccup laughed but his dragon continued to lick his rider's face.

After he's done, Hiccup got up with the help of his love ones. Eragon smiled as he took a step forward to his 'son'.

"Welcome back... Dragon Master." The dragon leader bowed to Hiccup along with the other dragons who were circling around him.

Hiccup was speechless when his 'father' called him that title : a master who was the strongest of them all.

"What...?"

"Son... you proved to the dragons that no matter how hard things happen, you always have the strength to set it right..." Eragon explained to him.

Hiccup turned his head to Rapunzel who was smiling to him. He smiled back in return. Her smile always made him happy.

"Thank you... Rapunzel... For everything..." He thanked her.

Rapunzel giggled when she noticed him blushing a bit.

"You know... I felt something in face when I was gone. It's like-"

Hiccup couldn't finish his words when Rapunzel kissed him in surprised. His eyes widened in shocked but soon he calmed when he realized it.

"Like that?" Rapunzel mentioned the kiss after they pulled away.

"Uhh..." Hiccup blushed as he tried to say something but the girl giggled once more at his reaction.

Then, they hugged again before they held their hands together while facing at each other.

"Rapunzel... I love you." He smiled.

"I love you too." She smiled back.

"Welcome back, dragon boy..." Jack smiled as he appeared in front of them after a few minutes later.

After that, all the dragons including Eragon roared in excitement before they fired their blast in the air as they all celebrated their hero's return.

A/N : Only a few chapters left to go~! So, click that vote button if you liked this chapter and put your comments below if you want to say something about this chapter, okay? Stay tuned for Chapter 18! Bye y'all~! ^_^