Chapter Sixteen: The accident

At the hospital:

To find out Alicia wanted to commit suicide was a big deal for Kay. We were all shocked.

She needed more then prayers. Encouragement and someone by her at all times. She has lost all interest in living.

Kay offered to stay by her side all the time.

He will take her to therapy and bring her back.

It has been two weeks since the accident and Kay has been a great help to Alicia. He never left her side.

He was getting too attached to her again I must say.

He doesn't have time to think of what he does feel for Joyce though she wouldn't stop coming after him.

Ben and Johnson are doing great as always. They main goal is to torment my life and it funny how that comes out.

My mum is doing well so are my siblings.

Working from home is not bad at all. Jeffrey have not send me any chapters to edit. I'm helping Johnson with his thesis and it what keeps me busy.

Things are really going on well with work and at home.

I do feel light lately and whenever I want to pray I'm able to pray.

More like I'm relax and content with everything going on.

I should be praying more. Doing the things of God more.

I find myself busy with other things. I don't feel the emptiness in me anymore.

I felt good. I was driving far away from my faith.

I do pray attend church and other church activities.

I know I should be doing more. Aside that I was okay with everything happening in my life.

When I let my guard down. Living my life as a normal person.

On the 17th of September 2019. I had a call from my mum that Mandy was hit by a car and had been rush to the hospital.

My mum will take a while to get to the hospital so she asked me to go over first.

When she had hung the phone I was motionless and in shock.

"It must be a minor accident my little princess was going to be okay. I comforted myself.

I grabbed my bag, keys and storm out of the house.

I was shivering but this was not the time to let my mind wonder around thinking what the worse case scenario could be.

I forced myself really hard not to be negative.

I had high hopes God was not going to let anything happen to Mandy.

I rush to the hospital.

"Could you tell me where the patient Mandy Ohenewaa Nelson is? I asked in a hurry.

The nurse behind the desk was taking too long.

I left to find her myself.

I run into poor Chantal and one teacher from the school standing in front of the emergency ward.

One glance at her and my heart skipped a beat. I refuse to think the worse.

I feared if I thought of the worse it might as well happen.

I was not ready to gamble with my sister's life.

I could do this much for her keeping my faith intact.

And believing everything was going to be just fine.

Chantal had blood stine all over her uniform and face.

She probably held her on their way to the hospital.

As soon as she saw me she runs to hug me. I probably needed that hug more than she did.

I held her tight in comfort.

She couldn't speak. She was speechless. She tried to talk but couldn't.

I knew she was in shock.

"It okay baby I'm here, Mandy is going to be just fine. Relax honey please come down.

I said with tears trying to calm her down yet that was not enough to make her stop crying.

I held her tightly holding on to my own tears.

I felt she had lossen herself in my arms.

"Chantel, honey are you okay? I asked but there was no response.

I break free from the embrace and she fell right into my arms.

I cried out for help. She fainted.

Now I couldn't hold my own tears my mum walk in when the nurses where taking Chantal to attend to her.

"Mum what is happening? I said as I fall into her arms.

"Honey come down" my mum console.

"What happen? She asked the worried teacher standing there.

"I'm sorry ma'am
According to the kids she went to grab a ball that fell across the street.

The running car hit her when she cross the street.

She explained.

That was strange how possible there is a security man at the gate how was she able to leave the premises without being noticed.

It was hard to believe all this was happening.

It felt like a bad dream at that moment I wanted to sleep and when I wake up everything will be fine.

My mind was empty. I couldn't think of anything else.

It being an hour since we arrive at the hospital and yet the doctors have not come out of the emergency ward.

The nurses where coming out and rushing back.

The doctors finally came out with sad faces.

They claim the surgery was a success but Mandy was not looking good at all.

They had some test done and the results will be out soon.

We had went in to see her and she was still asleep.

She was in a bad state. But once the results were in we will know if she was getting better or not.

Chantal fainted because of shock. She woke up and have not said a single word since then.

We were all at the bed side of Mandy. Chantal refuse to go home.

The news spread like fire and the boys rushed to the hospital in no time to be with us.

Some of the church members came to visit.

My mum and I spent the entire time praying for Mandy's recovery.

That was the second time I prayed for something with all my strength and from my heart.

We all haven't had any good rest since the accident.

The results of Mandy were ready and my mum went to see the doctor.

It happen that Mandy has a lung cancer.

I could see the horror on my mum's face as the doctors explains Mandy's condition.