Chapter Thirty-four: The boyfriend saga

"wow!,

ok I didn't know you have that much time on your hand". I joked.

"seriously, I promised I'll be there for her and that is what I'm doing. I will be there for her throughout"

"I guess Joyce have a lot of reason to be angry at you first with me and now Alicia"

"Adriana stop, Joyce is just out of her mind, just let her"

"well, I guess because of me all of you're having issues in your relationship, don't you think it's about time I find myself a boyfriend?" I rumbled

"seriously". They asked surprised

"yeah seriously, what? you guys think no guy is good enough for me ha?"

"thank God you know that" Kay teased.

"seriously I need to find myself a boyfriend"

"it's not easy to find someone that is good enough for you and Adriana don't rush into" Johnson declares.

"I'm not rushing" I replied sharply.

"you are, look at the way you are talking it's like you're desperate for a boyfriend"
Kay snapped.

"why are getting angry, when it comes to issues concerning my boyfriend" I sob.

"because  darling you've never dated any guy before and you're still naive". Johnson pointed out.

"what did you call me, naive?"

"yes you are miss, don't you know that?" Ben teased.

"I can't believe you could let a guy like Jeffrey Jones, who is a high time player, a romantic writer mess with your head" Kay said.

"no... no... no... don't you dare go there, that was a different thing I was working with him and I was spending too much time with him. he was just making fun of me and that is it. it has nothing to do with me liking him or something" I defend myself.

"you don't believe that yourself do you" Ben snaps.

"I'll believe you have no feelings for him, I really hope so and Adriana it will be better for you, for him and for all of us". Kay informed.

"that is so wrong you don't have to say that" I said looking at them.

"I'm sorry"

"whatever but seriously sometimes I get scared I'll never find anyone that will like me" I complained.

"what !!!?"

They said together making Johnson spit his drink and Kay getting chocked with the meat in his mouth.

"you must be kidding me, you are one special lady any man will love to lay his life down for you" Johnson said.

"oh that's so sweet,
yeah if only that was true"

"that's right and Adriana, you are very beautiful, intelligent and smart any guy will like you"
Ben added.

"and to top it off you have a heart of a gold you are special you think about others like yourself and those kind of qualities are not something you can find in one person and trust me, you will find that guy that will truly deserve you" Kay cringes.

"okay I know you guys only say good things because you're my friends"

"you know that's not true" Johnson rumbles

"you never mind, I just thought of Nana Ama out of the blue"

"wow, I wonder how she's doing with Melvin"