Chapter Fifty-one: Was I wrong?

Johnson POV

"Andrews do you think I gave up on Adriana too early?"

"why are you asking" he said sharply.

"I was with the guys just a while ago. Sam had a call from his ex-girlfriend Alicia. You remember her?"

"right yes the same one that dump him" he replied

" yes the same one, she's pregnant"

"wow that's serious. why do you guys think it Samuel's?"

" oh yeah we kind of suspect it's his.
but what makes me angry is how he still entertains her. he was with Joyce when Alicia got involve in an accident but he left Joyce to go be with her all the time.
now I'm scared he may realise he wasn't in love with Adriana after all and then go back to her"

"seriously brother you're worried Samuel is going to hurt Adriana but I think you're also with Patricia right now.

you also don't have the right to think of her. it's  the same thing"

Andrews said. He had a point though.

"You are having a special bond with Patricia just like Samuel has with that Alicia girl.

This is something special that cannot be broken all of a sudden. and you'll be treating Adriana the same way you think Samuel is treating her now".  He always speak sense I just hate him.

"I know but if it happens the baby Alicia is expecting is Samuel's.  Adriana won't like to be with him so you have nothing to worry about"

"yes maybe you are right I should really forget her. it's so hard. I don't know what to do, the thought of me seeing her with another man kills me" I groans

" come on brother stop being selfish. you are happy with Patricia aren't you?"

" yes I am but...."

"there is no turning back man. you are with Patricia end of story. You  gave up on her already remember.

I suggest you forget about her and be happy for her. whoever she choose to be with.

there's nothing you can do about that"

" yes I know. I wonder why I keep talking to you about things like this. you are so insensitive"

"If me being honest with you means I'm being insensitive then  you  can go on with your self pity party while I go out to have real fun.
you know that is why I don't do love.

you know the girls just keep coming at me and I enjoy giving them attention.
they enjoy giving me whatever it is I want. It's a win win situation".

"And you're happy about that" God is saving your cane in hot water "

"I'm going out to have fun and please  when mum ask of me tell her I went to church. promise me"

"why should I lie for you?"

" because you're my brother  and you love me"

"that still doesn't give me the right to lie. I'll tell her you're going to the club."

" I'm not going to the club. I'm just going out to meet some friends"

"I'm still telling her the truth"

" you are so boring "

"thank you I'm still telling her the truth"

" whatever I'm out of here"

sometimes I do wish I'm cool like my brother and not care but I can't help it.

I don't know what to do to get Ana  out of my mind. I have to do it as soon as possible or else I won't be fair to Patricia.

I admit I almost went to bed with her. it's hard to control myself but it's different with Adriana. for her I always want to take care of her. anyway I'm going to bed all this is  messing my head up.

I  hope it goes away once I wake up.

Kay POV

"Hello Alicia you were saying"

" you heard me. I'm pregnant"

" what happened to the father of the baby?"

" he's a total jerk he denied both of us when I told him I was pregnant"

" seriously Alicia. what do you want me to do now? why are you telling me this?
why do you keep messing up  my life?"

" stop it Sam. I need you. he doesn't want the baby. I cannot have this baby and I can't have it aborted.
what do I do?"

"what do you want to do?"

"I told you I don't want to give birth"

" if you don't want to give birth now,  what then, you want to do abort the baby so you could die? well you can give it a try"

"seriously  Sam".

" go on, come on go on abort the baby that way you could die "

"stop it Sam  I don't know what to do of course I don't want to die"

" when do you plan on coming back to Ghana?"

" I don't know but as soon as possible before I start showing"

" how old are you?"

" like to 2 month"

" well, do you want me to talk to the father of the baby?"

" no I don't want him in my life anymore"

" what is that supposed to mean?"

" you two are having a child"

" yes but I'm not sure if  he is the actual father"

"you can't even tell who the father of your baby is?  goodness Alicia. what are you telling me!"

" alright fine, while I was dating Frank I had a nice time with someone  you know it was a one-night stand"

" and the baby you're expecting could be that someone's baby? and if I may ask who is that 'someone' ?"

"of course I don't know. it was just someone I met. I didn't use protection"

"wow amazing you didn't use protection and you didn't take emergency pills after ?"

"it skipped my mind "

"you are really impossible. I don't know what to do with you"

"come on Sam you need to help me and I can't have this baby alone.

"if that is the case you will have to talk to your family or something"

"my family don't want anything to do with me remember. that was the reason why I left to the state"

"what do I do with you?"

"can I come stay with you when I come back?"

"hell no. of course not. if you stay with me people are going to think I'm the father of the baby, they are going to cuss me thinking I got a lady pregnant without getting married to her. hell no"

" what do we do then? since when did you care about what people will say "

"wow since my name and my dignity is at stake"

"what do we do now?"

"why  are you bringing me into this? what will you do? I'm not in this with you "

"oh really what happened to 'I will always be there for you whenever you need me?"

" yes I am still going to be there for you. But count me out I'm not ready to be involved in this neither do I want to be a dad for your child"

I have to deal with this some how. I was looking for the perfect chance to tell everything to Adriana. Alicia was already in town and wants to stay with me.

Why does my life goes the opposite direction when I feel I was finally going to be happy with Adriana .