Chapter Six: The Club

"Sorry, darling yes we are and we need to get going; hurry, get your lunch box and here is your jacket.

"We are good to go.  I murmured as we run out of the house.

The sky was cloudy and it seems it's about to rain.

it's middle July and it being raining almost every day.
It can get really annoying going to work in such a weather.

A car horn at us, I shivered. I held little Mandy tightly. She got scared too. Chantal gave the driver a scary look.

That's my girl I had smile lightly.

I forgot to pick my jacket I had remembered and there was no way I was going back to the house.

With today's weather I wonder how I was going to get by in the office.

I drop off Chantal and Mandy to school. Mandy will not go in without a kiss on her forehead.

Not that Chantal cared. she hated being treated like a child.

"Hurry else I am going to leave you."

Angry Chantal barks.

"Take care you two, love you".

I said as I happily watched them disappear from the entrance.

Chantal hated me for doing that she turned at me with a frowned face.

Everyone was looking and she felt embarrassed.

My day has started I still have Jeffery Jones to deal with.

Being the chief editor it self is all new to me. I have no idea how I was going to handle a stubborn creature like him.
the only good news is he wants to see little of me and so do I.

I guess it a win win.

I finished up all I had on my desk and I had a meeting with the board.

It was a hetic day. My day has always being this busy.

I missed a call from  Jeffrey that was surprising, I was supposed to call him and meet him over the weekend but he didn't answer any of my calls. So I forgot about him.

I had to call him back he wanted to meet since I couldn't make it the last time.

He wanted to meet in a club. It was annoying enough to work with him.

I have a job to keep, I need the money so I just have to do what it took.

It was mid day and a rainy day for that matter.

I met him at the club he had some few of his friends with him. The place was so loud but I believe he was asking me if I will drink something.

I quickly nod no. He kept staring at me as if I had something on my face and it made me feel uncomfortable.

He gave me a sign to get up and follow him. I was wondering what he was up too now.

We entered a private room and asked me to sit. I was already sheriving. The AC was very high
I had. No time to argue with him. I just did what he told me.

He sat besides me I was trying hard to keep my composure

he gave me his first draft. I took it and was about to leave.

He gave me a silly look.

" I'm sorry can I go through this and get back to you". I had informed.

"Why?

Can't you go through it here?

He asked.

"Yes but I prefer to have a quiet place to do my job" I said with a smile not wanting to get on his nerves or him getting on mine.

"Do you always make excuses to avoid work?" He questioned.

I took a deep breath, I needed a lot of patience to deal with his kind of man.

"I'm sorry but I need to concentrate and here is not the place."

"If you don't mind, may I take a leave" I expound.

" You can't leave until I say so. Do you even know how many people are dying to be in your shoes right now?

It's an honor to get to spend time alone with Jeffrey Jones. What planet do you live on?"

He asked boastfully.

I think I don't have an answer for that.

I smiled at him innocently.

I'm sure he got his answer.

I was feeling cold and I was trying to hold on. I couldn't wait to storm out of there.

The next thing I knew I had my arms wrap around myself trying to warm up.

He noticed and asked them to put the air condition off.

He could be a gentleman if he wanted to. I had thought.

He place his jacket around my neck. I raised my head to gaze at him as he covers me with his jacket. 

It was nice having him that close to me. And for the first time I saw care or probably worry in the eyes of another guy other then my three best friends.

He sighed.

"Are you okay". He asked softly.

I nod my head.

"Your checks are red. You must be very cold."

He noticed.

"I'm fine, thank you but I need to go".

I said as I gave him back his jacket. I picked my bag and the documents he gave me and storm out of the place.

I don't know why I felt relief walking out of there. It was as if I was caught in a trap and I just escaped. 

My heart was pounding and I could feel my blood running through my veins.

It's not the first time I had a guy that close to me I wonder why he was different.

Ben, Johnson and Kay could sleep over at my place and I never got this kind of feelings with them..

I had wished my dad was around I miss him so much.

It was pouring heavly out side and I had to call a cap. I was drain and feeling cold.

We have a revival  coming up and I will be leading most of the time. I can't catch a cold. I thought.