Chapter 4: Dinner Party

Shaun and Jacquelyn are getting ready for the dinner party in their room. Shaun's looking in the mirror, putting on his tie. Jacquelyn is sitting on the bed, putting on some earrings. Shaun finishes putting on his tie and he sprays cologne on him.

Shaun: Alright, I'm all ready. You?

Jacquelyn: Yeah, I think I'm all set.

A bell rings from outside. Shaun walks over to the window and moves the curtain out of the way, revealing a carriage ready for Shaun and Jacquelyn. The carriage is guarded by soldiers.

Shaun: The carriage is here.

Jacquelyn: Okay, let's get going.

Jacquelyn walks out of the room.

Shaun walks over to the dresser and pulls out the top drawer. He moves some of the shirts out of the way to see the boxed ring inside. He pulls out the case and looks at it for a second.

Jacquelyn yells from downstairs.

Jacquelyn: Shaun, you coming?!

He yells back.

Shaun: Yeah, one sec!

He puts the case in his back pocket and pushes the drawer back in. He walks out of the room and closes the door behind him.

He over to the staircase and walks down the stairs to see Jacquelyn at the front door next to the driver. Jacquelyn looks at Shaun and they smile at each other.

Driver: Mr. L/N and Ms. Walker, I will be your driver tonight. Please follow me to the carriage, and we will arrive at the Commonwealth Manor shortly.

The three of them walk out of the house. Two guards walk by their sides so that Shaun and Jacquelyn can safely make it to the carriage. The driver opens the door for them. Shaun helps Jacquelyn get inside, and he gets in after.

The driver closes the door and he walks over to the driver's seat. He climbs up and sits down. He grabs the reins and he gets the carriage moving. The guards walk by the sides of the carriage.

[Time Skip]

The carriage arrives at the town hall. The door gets opened for them. Jacquelyn steps out first, and Shaun steps out after.

Two guards walk up to them and they all start walking towards the entrance.

[Inside The Commonwealth Manor]

They all make it inside the town hall. One of the servants walks up to them.

Servants: Please follow me to the family dining hall.

Shaun and Jacquelyn follow the servant. Shaun is smiling. Jacquelyn looks at Shaun and raises her eyebrow.

Jacquelyn: You okay?

Shaun: Never better.

Jacquelyn hesitantly looks forward.

The servant opens two big doors for Shaun and Jacquelyn. They walk in to see a dining table set up. Shaun and Jacquelyn walk over to two seats. Shaun pulls out both chairs.

Jacquelyn: Okay, you're acting really weird.

Shaun: Just sit.

She sits down in one of the chairs and Shaun sits in the other.

After a few seconds of waiting, two big doors open. Shaun and Jacquelyn stand up. Y/N, Shaun's mother, Clementine, and Madison walk in. They all walk up to each other and start saying hello to one another.