Chapter 5: Boys Night

Shaun and Jacquelyn have gotten engaged last night. They spent the night at the Commonwealth Manor and went home in the morning. It's now Saturday, meaning that Shaun gets to spend the day with his friends, which include Connor, Dante, Aaron, and David.

Shaun met David last year at a bar and they've hit it off. David is the son of Gabriel Garcia, the traitor to the Commonwealth, but David is nothing like his late father. David has been trying to redeem his last name as a Garcia, and he hopes that the Commonwealth won't see his father in him.

Shaun his shooting his bow in the backyard again. He gets a bullseye. He walks over to the target and tries pulling out the arrow, but it's stuck. He pulls again, breaking off the arrowhead. Shaun looks at the broken arrow.

He sighs.

Shaun: Damn it.

The back door opens as Shaun sets the arrow on the picnic table. Shaun looks at the door to see Jacquelyn. He smiles, so she smiles.

Shaun: Hey.

He starts walking up to Jacquelyn.

Jacquelyn: Hi.

He walks up the back porch steps and they kiss.

Jacquelyn: I'm heading out; the girls and I are gonna head to Omar's tonight. You?

Shaun: We decided to just stay here for the night. Play some cards, shoot some arrows--guy stuff.

Jacquelyn: Alright, well, have fun with that. I'm gonna start heading out.

Shaun: Alright. I love you.

Jacquelyn smiles.

Jacquelyn: I love you, too.

They kiss again. Jacquelyn turns around and walks back inside.

Shaun walks back down the steps. He sighs.

Shaun: I should probably get that arrow fixed.

He walks over to the picnic table and picks up the arrow. He looks at where the arrowhead's supposed to be.

He walks over to the target and he gets on one knee. He digs his pointer finger and his thumb into the target and he yanks the arrowhead out.

He stands up and he walks back over to the picnic table. He sets the arrow and the arrowhead down.

He looks at the candles on the center of the table. He picks one of them up and he takes out his lighter. He lights the candle.

Shaun presses the arrow and the arrowhead together.

He looks to see some melted wax on the candle. He picks up the candle and dips some hot wax onto the arrow and the arrowhead.

Shaun sets the candle down and he looks around, trying to find where the leather strips are.

Shaun: Where the hell'd you go?

???: Need some help?

Shaun looks at the porch to see David.

Shaun: Yeah, actually. I need help finding the leather.

David: You, sir, are in luck.

He walks down the porch and walks up to Shaun.

David: I just got back from the hardware store; was gonna make some arrows when I got back home.

Shaun: You got leather strips?

He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a small box of thin leather strips. He offers them to Shaun.

Shaun: Thank God. He says, taking the box.