Salvation•part 3-final part-

You lean against John's truck as him and Sam check the weapons. You see the impala rolling towards you, as the familiar sounds of her engine fills your ears. The impala then pulls to a stop and Dean climbs out, "You get it?" John asks.

You watch as Dean pulls a brown paper bag out of his pocket and hands it to John. John opens up the bag and pulls out an old antique gun. "You know this is a trap don't you. That's why Meg wants you to come alone?" Dean pointed out.

"Yeah, this is a dumb idea." You said.

"I can handle her. I got a whole arsenal loaded. Holy water, Mandaic, amulets..." John listed off.

"Dad...." Dean said.

"What?"

"Promise me something."

"What's that?" John asked.

"This thing goes south just...get the hell out. Don't get yourself killed all right, you're no good to us dead."  Dean said.

"Yeah, these boys need you John." You said.

"Same goes for you." John pauses for a long while, "All right listen to me. They made the bullets special for this colt. There's only four of them left. Without them this gun is useless. You make every shot count." John said.

"Yes sir." Sam said.

You nodded "Of course John." You said.

"Been waiting a long time for this fight. Now it's here I'm not gonna be in it. It's up to you three now. It's your fight, you finish this. You finish what I started. Understand?" John asked.

You nod, and John hands Dean the colt "We'll see you soon Dad." Sam said.

John climbs in his truck and leaves, the three of you stand watching as he pulls away. "Later." Dean said, quietly.

"You know he's gonna be fine, right?" You ask.

Dean sighs "I know." He mumbled.

-|-

The three of you sit in the Impala, the Colt between the two boys as you lean forward. You watch through the window as Monica and her husband finish dinner, they seemed happy. It almost made you jealous, but you couldn't let that distract you now.

"Maybe we could tell em it was a gas leak. Might get em out of the house for a few hours." Sam suggested.

"Yeah and how many times has that actually worked for us?" Dean asked.

"Never." You said, a smirk on your face.

"Yeah." Sam pauses to think for a moment, "We could always tell em the truth."

You and the three boys exchanged a look "Nah!" The three of you somehow managed to say at the same time.

"I know I know. I just...with what's coming for these folks..." Sam said.

"We're gonna stop this son of a bitch." You said.

"We only got one move and you know it, all right? We gotta wait for that demon to show itself and then we get it before it gets them." Dean said.