The Waltz

Ivys POV:

A week ago  my feelings towards Draco off my chest. He hasn't spoken to me in days. Just dirty looks but, I can see his pain just through his cold grey eyes.I can't worry about him too much. I am getting ready for The Yule Ball. I can't wait to go with Harry. I am wearing a long cream and white dress. There is a line of flowers coming down my dress. My hair is curled and falls perfectly to my back. I feel like a princess. My heart is in my mouth. I am so nervous. 

1 hour later

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I took my first steps down the stares, I s aw him.Harry was waiting at the bottom of the stair case for me. He was wearing a tux and his hair was messed up in an attempted to comb it. 

"Wow, er you look amazing." Harry said awkwardly. He was blushing so hard.

"Thank you Harry, you don't look too bad yourself." I said smirkingly. 

As we walked into the dance, all eyes were on us. I saw Fred and George laughing in the back. Hermione looked at me as if she approved of me. All my friends were hustled in a group giggling at me and putting thumbs up.

"Now take your places as we will have the first dance of the evening for our Triwizard contestants." Professor McGonagall yelled. 

Harry awkwardly planted his arms around my waist as we danced. He warned me about his dancing skills, and I did not believe him until now. He is terrible but it was comforting in a way. As we danced I caught Draco looking at me. His eyes were filled with rage. I know he likes me, I mean its obvious. But I'm here with Harry. 

After our dance was done, other people joined the dance floor. Draco grabbed Pantsy Parkinson by the waist and started dancing with her. And the entire time they were dancing he was staring directly at me. While holding eye contact with me, he kissed Pansy. It was an obvious attempt to make me jealous, but I was here with Harry. And that would be rude of me to worry about Draco while with my date. 

1 hour later

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After an hour with Harry and my friends, I stepped outside the dance to have a breath. I see Draco walking up to me. 

"Quite the dancer you are Moonshine." He grinned.

"Why thank you, you're not to be you'r self Malfoy ." 

"Lucky man that Pottah."

"And why is that?"

"Well, you're his date. I mean-" He paused.

"Draco."

"Yeah" 

"Is there something you have been wanting to tell me? You left your date to tell me that."

"Well, I uh-, I think you're different from other girls I have met. Most of the are afraid of me so they do or say things only to please me, like Pansy. But you." He paused to chuckle. "You don't care about the consequences, you just do and say what ever you like."

"Thanks I guess." I said flustered. 

"So what I am trying to say is that I like you."

"I think I like you too Malfoy" I said smiling.

As I smiled there was a figure behind Draco. It was Harry. He was practically frozen for 20 seconds.

"Oh no! Harry please let me explain." I ran after him as he headed outside towards to Hagrids hut.

"Its fine Ivy, really." He walked away with his jaw clenched..

"No its not, I am so sorry. What I did is horrid. You asked me out and then I tell Draco I like him, Im really sorry." 

"Its fine Ivy. You just happen to like the person who hates me most at this school." His eyes were filled with tears.

"Harry stop waling away for a moment. I like you, a lot as a friend. You are kind and compassionate, and you let me vent to you. I am so sorry. Please understand Harry." Streams of tears silently filled my eyes. It was so quite. I heard my heart pounding. My dress got muddy from the dirt.

He turned his back on me. Hermione came running down from the hill, looking worried. Hermoine grabbed his arm and they headed off to Hagrids.

I stood in the blackness of the night. Alone and cold. Slowly sinking into the mud.