Ch 4: Secrets untold, showed

Brianna.

"There's something you need to know, Brianna," Yedam said, his head lowered.

"Remember how I jumped out of my window easily? And the weird things Jeongwoo and Haruto were talking about earlier?" He continued asking, and I could only nod, eager to know the answers.

"We're not what you think we are, Brianna," he said seriously, his gaze piercing into me. "We're not normal."

"That much I know," I said, smirking a little.

"Even though you've noticed that me, Doyoung, Jihoon, Jeongwoo, and Junghwan don't get along with Haruto and his group, even if we all seem strange to you, we're not the same at all." He paused before continuing, "We're different from each other, and that's why we don't get along."

What does he mean?

He paused again, biting his bottom lip while staring at me, as if debating whether to tell me the truth.

"The truth is—"

Just as he was about to spill it, I heard the front door creak open downstairs, followed by footsteps and chatter.

"Brie! Honey, we're home!" I heard Mom call out from downstairs.

Yedam and I exchanged wide-eyed looks. Panic surged in me as I tried to think of what to do. But my body reacted faster than my mind, and I quickly pushed Yedam toward the window, whispering, "Go, go, go!"

He nodded and jumped back through my window to his, landing quietly and gracefully on all fours like a cat.

"Brie? Brianna?!" Mom called again, so I rushed to the door, opening it and poking my head out.

"Welcome home, Mom! I'm upstairs!" I shouted.

A snapping twig jolted me from my thoughts of last night, pulling me back to reality.

I loosened my embrace from my knees and turned my head, scanning the dimly lit forest. I looked through the bushes, the sides of the pine trees, and up at the leaves that formed a canopy overhead.

I heard another twig snap. Quickly, I stood up, cautiously looking around. It was eerily quiet—too quiet. I shouldn't have come here in the first place.

"Who's there?" I called out loudly.

I heard the crunch of leaves, and when I turned around, I saw a figure in the distance. A guy with white or blonde hair, dressed in a black jacket and jeans, stood there.

I took a step back, the memory of Mashiho's cold lips on my neck and the sting of his bite making me anxious. The pieces started to fall into place.

Smooth, porcelain skin that gleams under the sun, eyes that glimmer and dilate too much, cold touches, and sharp fangs—it wouldn't surprise me anymore if these creatures were vampires. This was no longer a fairy tale, not after what happened with Mashiho.

In the blink of an eye, the guy with white hair dashed toward me, his face now clear. His eyes were large and round, and his face was symmetrical, as handsome as Haruto but in a different way.

He parted his lips, glancing at mine before raising his gaze to meet my eyes. He brushed a loose strand of hair from my face. "I heard a lot about you from Mashiho."

"What do you want from me?" I asked, venom in my voice, glaring at him as I took a step back. My hands were growing cold again, so I pressed them against my thighs.

A smirk formed on his lips as he took a step forward, leaning closer to me and closing his eyes slowly.

"You smell so good," he whispered, opening his eyes. My breath caught when I saw his dilated pupils and the widening smirk on his face. "I wonder if Mashiho was right about how good your blood tastes."