Happiness Is That You?

We're on the way to the hospital now I call my doctor and let her know my water broke. She says okay and will be there when it's time to deliver. We make it there and get out right into an already prepared room. After five hours of waiting it was finally time to push after twenty minutes of pushing my daughter arrived the entire room went quiet while waiting to hear her cry Adrian cut the umbilical cord and they handed her to me wrapped up I held her while tears formed in my eyes I did that. They cleaned her up and put her in the bassinet me and Adrian enjoyed the night with her before sharing pictures or her name we just had family time we text everyone letting them know she was here and healthy and both me and her were fine and would send pictures in the morning.  I can barely sleep just looking at her she's just so perfect. Sadly I lost the bet he's got his daddy's girl I smile while looking at him sleep in the chair and I take a picture and he opens one eye and says I'm not sleep so don't even try it. I laugh and say you look like you were in this picture. I finally lay down and close my eyes for a little. 

THE NEXT DAY

I wake up and the baby is gone I look around Adrian says relax they took her for testing you didn't even hear them come in or check your vitals you were knocked out I say well ima need them to hurry and bring her back I know you seen them movies where the fake nurse be kidnapping kids from the hospital. As I finish my sentence a nurse comes back with my baby girl and says yall ready for the first bath. I grab my phone and we all gather around the little tub. Once done she puts on her going home outfit and we wait till we are able to be discharged. I send everyone a picture with the text Meilani Rose Sanchez ❤️ born 11:45 pm weighing six pounds seven ounces. All the congratulations come in and the she's beautiful I just heart everything. We get to leave in a few hours since everything went well I only had to stay 24hrs. They run a few more test and now we just sit and wait. I can't stop looking at this little girl. I'm holding her in my arms just looking at her sleep peacefully and a flash goes off and I look over at Adrian with a stupid grin on his face and he says sorry was trying to get some memories started next time will be without the flash. I chuckled a little and Meilani starts to shift under me. He comes over and sticks his hands out and I slide her into his arms. He's rocking her in the chair and I snap a picture and send it to the group chat.  She hasn't been here 24 hours and already has him wrapped around her finger. The dr comes in and says we're good to go so grab a car seat so they can release us I start packing up the bags and he sits her in the little bassinet and goes down and gets the car seat.  He comes back up and says the cars in the front we can head down he straps her into the car seat properly and picks her up and we head down the door opens and the nurse is there and says you have to leave in a wheelchair I laugh and say okay less walking for me. I sit down and we head outside to the car. I watch him clip her car seat into the base and move it a little to make sure it's secure. I slide into the seat next to her and take a few more pictures and before I knew it I was getting woken up saying we were home to get changed into something comfy I go into the room and change into a night gown knowing I'd have to do feedings. I walk back to the room and there a little baby bed attached to the bed and I smile seeing her swaddle in her blanket laying there he says he's going to get me some water and something to eat and he'll be right back. While waiting on Adrian to get back I pump milk and scroll through tik tok and like some videos then Adrian comes back and I smell seafood and instantly smile. He comes in the room with Togo boxes from the crab shack and it's still hot he lays a towel on the bed and hands me the bed tray for food and sits two boxes in front of me and I open them to crab shrimp sausage potatoes and corn it's seasoned well and my mouth is just watering ready to eat. As soon as I grab a shrimp Meilani starts to cry I look over at her and say hold on mommy's coming and Adrian comes back in the room with a warm bottle scooping her out of the bed and says no ma'am you eat I've got the first rounds you just took time to push her out now you rest. I smile at him and say Meilani he was mine first I'll fight you for him. He laughs while feeding her he slides back onto the bed next to me and just stares at her while she drinks her little two oz of milk. With a big grin on his face and says we really did this. We've come a long way. She finished the milk and slowly drifting back to sleep he sits her up and starts to burp her I put a shrimp right in front  of his mouth and he takes it. He says that was delicious I  say I know right and it was like you read my mind because I was thinking about seafood but I thought you were just gonna bring a salad or something. He laughs and says we'll after all you went through you deserve some seafood. He lays he back in the bed after she burps and goes and gets a plate from the kitchen of his food he ended up getting gumbo and rice and I said I most definitely want a spoon full he laughs and says you're gonna be knocked out from being full. I laugh and say that'll make two of us.