22

"Yes. Mhm. Good. Then at 7 PM. Mhm. Alright."

Shawn was talking to someone on the phone, maybe a buyer, and I've been eavesdropping. I slowly walk away from the door frame and I pretend to walk to his office. When I reach the door I knock on the opened door and Shawn looks up from his laptop. His face lightens up. He was sitting at his desk typing something related maybe to the meeting he will have tonight.

"Hey. You're done?" I ask in my normal voice. You don't have to get nervous, calm down, breathe a few times and remember what you want in life. If you do this right, people will bow down before you. I am saying all of this to myself as I walk closer to his desk, with a big smile on my face.

"Yup. By the way tonight I have a meeting at 7 PM. So until then, we can go out if you want to. I feel like walking."

"Yeah, it sounds good."

"Are you ok?" He asks as he gets up and he turns off his laptop.

"Yeah. Why?"

"You look nervous."

Fuck! He read your mind, you fat a*s bitch.

"I don't know, I've been feeling so weird lately, ever since we met since with that British guy." I explain, trying to tell him something that would throw him off. And it works like a charm.

"I know that you think that you are followed, but you are fine as long as you'll stay by my side." He comforts me as he wraps his hand around my neck. I hug him back.

I have to do this and I have to do it right.

....................................................................

"Ohh, it's chilly, I love it." I say as I rub my arms up and down.

"You alright?"

"Kind of cold. Can you wrap your arm around me?" I ask as I make my sweet eyes. He smiles at me and he puts his right arm around my shoulders. A shiver runs down my spine and it's not because of the temperature.

This morning, when Shawn was sleeping, I looked through his emails, trying to find out if he has any future meeting with that British man. I didn't like him since I met him that day and it made me uncomfortable knowing that he knows how I look. He knows my face. I have to remedy that. I said to myself. I managed to find out that he has one meeting tonight and with someone under the name of Oliver Sanders. I prayed that this would be him because I need him out of the game. Shawn told me that he wanted to stay here for a few days more and then we would go to Ireland.

"What were you looking for today?"

"On your laptop?" I ask nonchalantly. I knew for a fact that now he keeps a track of each movement that I do, he is afraid that I might want to leave him. I hate that he feels more insecure now, but I need to make him see that he can trust me. Everyone that I ever met never trusted me enough for me to have my own business. Everyone thought that it was better if they knew what I always wanted to do, but in return, if I wanted more details about a certain activity, I was told that they knew how to handle it. Well bitch, I know how to handle my stuff too. I won't bow down to anyone in this lifetime or the next one. "I wanted to know if you have someone following me so I went through your emails and recent documents. " I explain and I feel how his arm tenses around me. Play it off! I say to myself. "And also I wanted to know what type of porn you watch on your laptop." I giggle.

"You know that you can always tell me anything, if something is up or if you're in trouble." He says dead serious. This is my cue to soften him up.

"Oh really? So you don't think I am capable of handling my own thoughts or actions? How come I am always the one that needs help and that needs to be advised? My parents and now you? Let me tell you this Shawn, you and they are the ones that we're so deep in shit and they thought they could handle whatever. I've always been innocent and everyone treated me as if I am the one neck-deep in illegal businesses. I'm not you!" I say as I let a few tears roll down my cheeks and I run back up to our villa.