Chapter 26

Once inside Josh took his usual post on the sofa, his leg was still sore although I could see it had already begun to heal. I took out a lasagne from the fridge and threw it in the oven, we needed to have an early dinner tonight before Josh and I went to Imogene's. I wanted to make tonight's lesson as quick as possible so I could get back to Ben and fall asleep with him beside me once more.  

I threw a bag of chips at Josh to keep him out of the kitchen and then raced upstairs to have a shower. I didn't want to have to bother with bathing tonight when I got home from training, focusing only the end result of me cuddled up with Ben. I threw my clothes for the night on the bed, more jeans and T-shirts. I briefly entertained the thought of wearing a skirt but Josh would know something was up if I went down looking anything other than casual, so I decided to play it safe. 

I finished in the shower and wrapped a towel tightly around me as I moved into the bedroom. Today had been such a great day and in all of the drama at the training session this afternoon I had almost forgotten about Belinda's promise to leave my cell phone here tomorrow. I walked into the closet and looked around, thinking of where she would hide it. I felt like I was nine years old again, sneaking into Dad's room to try and find the hidden Christmas presents. I opened my drawers and moved some of my clothes over, allowing room for her to quickly drop the phone in with as little reshuffling of clothes as possible.  

With a feeling of great anticipation and satisfaction I walked back into the bedroom and began getting dressed. Sliding into my jeans, I had just fastened my bra as the door creaked open. I let out a small scream, reached for my towel and wrapped it around me as tightly as it would go. 'Josh get out of here I'm changing!' 

The door opened a little further and Ben walked through with his hands over his eyes, grinning as he spoke. 'Sorry it's just me. I sent Josh out to pick some salad from the garden. I had to see you quickly. Can I look?' 

I finished zipping up my jeans, leaving the towel around me as I moved to the door and closed it behind him. 'Yes, you can look.' 

Ben moved over and sat on the bed, leaning back as he took in the scene before him. 'Feel free to continue getting dressed, I won't complain.' 

'I bet you won't.'  

'So what is this I hear about you going to Imogene's tonight then?' 

I rolled my eyes. 'Ugh, Josh and his big mouth. I wanted to tell you this afternoon. Josh thinks I need to work on my energy reading and apparently Imogene's the best in the business.' 

Ben raised his eyebrow. 'Josh thinks you need to work on your energy reading does he?' 

'Yes he does and quite frankly, so do I. I don't know the first thing about reading energies and it's going to become a hazard if I don't learn.' 

'I guess that makes sense. I just thought that...' 

I put my hands on my hips. 'What? You just thought you could continue to suck in all the energy around me so I wouldn't have to bother learning how to do it? I'm onto you buddy. I know all about your Guardian abilities now, thanks to Josh. You need to ease up a bit and let me do things for myself.' 

Ben smiled as he shook his head. 'Not gonna happen. You're too precious to leave unprotected, even if you have your own skills. But that being said I'm glad you're learning and Imogene seems nice.' 

'So then what's your problem with me going tonight?' 

Ben looked up with a cheeky grin. 'I thought we had plans.' 

I gulped as I looked at Ben, my mind going crazy as it was drawn back to the anticipation of tonight. 'I know I'm sorry. I made these plans with Josh before... well before, you know.'