fourteen

F L A S H B A C K

~

I had never felt such anger and pain for a person before in my life. He was the death of me, he was going to be the reason I could not stand anyone.

He releases my arm as I drag myself to my seat, and Draco sits next to me. Midway through the class I feel sudden movements as Draco locates his hand on my thigh. I flinch but allow him to do so.

As class quickly comes to an end I decide it's time to tell someone, though it might risk me becoming a death eater.

I walk up to Hermione as she gives me a death stare.

"Please Hermione I have to tell you something."

She agrees as we walk to our next class talking.

"Look, I am not dating Draco on my own, it wasn't my choice okay?"

"What do you mean it wasn't your choice? You decided to date him didn't you?!"

"I didn't, look I had feelings for him before, yes I have to admit it. But I never wanted to date him. As rumors went around, he felt the need to date me to make those rumors disappear. He is forcing me to date him or else I'll become a death eater. It isn't my choice Hermione! It never was. I have never felt so much pain and worry in my life, and you all won't even talk to me."

"Oh my god Blair. Why didn't you tell us."

"I couldn't, you all wouldn't talk to me."

"We will figure something out, I promise."

Those words hit me differently. I had never felt more safe around Hermione, and I knew she could help me out of this time of my life.

I begin to walk to class again as Draco approaches me. My eyes fill with worry and he drags me into an empty classroom and slaps my face multiple times.

He begins to raise his arm again as I flinch and move away.

"WHY DID YOU TELL HERMIONE!?"

"I- I didn't." I manage to spit out.

"You'll be sorry if anyone else finds out." He says while walking out and slamming the door.

That moment I knew Hermione would have to work much harder to achieve this promise.