Chapter 1: A story about two idiots

Click. Click. Click.

This is the sound of aggressive tapping on a game controller.

Indeed, a certain man is playing an FPS game.

'Who is the this particular man?', you ask.

It is none other than Seki Hiromata, the main protagonist of this story.

Click. Click. Click.

A cut-scene has appeared on his game, but instantly, Seki pressed the skip button.

'A game's a game. I don't need a story.'

A muscle-headed and quite monkey-brained mindset.

The word 'thinking' is not in this man's vocabulary.

The moment an idea pops into his head, he instantaneously brings it to fruition. Although afterwards, he quickly regrets his rash actions.

Talk about not thinking before acting.

Yes, this is our protagonist. An extraordinarily reckless idiot.

...

Tap. Tap. Tap.

This is the sound of the constant pressing of the space button.

Indeed, a certain girl is playing a visual novel.

'Who is the this particular girl?', you ponder.

It is none other than Eru Kasumi, the main heroine of this story.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Two choices appeared on her screen, and instantly, Eru stopped tapping.

'If I use the first choice, the probability that I could get the true ending would drop significantly. If that's the case then the obvious answer would be the second one, but then if I won't be able to see the alternative end. But again, the m—'

The game was making her pick from red and blue, a pointless decision.

The word 'thinking' was given a new definition in her head.

Eru tries not to make a single mistake which results to her overthinking every little thing. But even after thinking about something for a significant amount of time, she ends up answering out of pressure, causing nothing but regret.

Indeed, this is our main heroine. An overly cautious idiot.

Click. Tap. Click. Tap.

 As these two continued to play their games, a sudden thought popped into their minds.

"Oh that's right. I have a..."

"—boyfriend now."

"—girlfriend now." 

Perhaps we should dwell into the past first and explain.

<<<< FLASHBACK <<<<

An event is currently being held as a collaboration between Hidari and Migi Highschool.

And just like every perfectly healthy and normal highschool boys, Seki was playing 'Truth or Dare' with his friends.

[A.N. - Just in case you live under a rock and somehow not aware of this game, allow me to elaborate. You will be given two choices; truth or dare. By choosing truth, you will have to honestly answer a question given to you. However, if you choose dare, you will be ordered to do something.]

"Oi, oi aren't we too old to play thi—"

"Seki, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

An instantaneous answer.

"Confess to someone random in this school."

The other boys laughed, as it was obviously a joke. But not long after did they realize that Seki was already gone. Knowing his reckless personality, they were naturally worried.

Left and right, they searched. From every corner of every building, to even inside the trash bins, they looked everywhere until they finally found him.

Unfortunately, it was already too late.

"I like you! Please go out with me."

"E-Eh?!"

It was a rare occurrence in which the red string of fate is on the works. The person Seki confessed to is indeed Eru. Perhaps peeking into the minds of these two will be nice.

'Wait a minute... They were probably joking, huh.'

A bit too late for the realization. While Seki was constantly regretting his action, Eru was panicking out of her mind.

'Eh? Did he just say that he likes me? But we've never met before! Is it a prank? It's definitely a prank isn't it? Or maybe it's that thing in romance movies! Love at first sight was it? Is that even real? What do I do? Do I reject him? Am I ready for this? I heard from my friends that relationships are hard! Love quarrels and such, and what if he cheats on me? What if he leaves me along with our child? And then he—'

"Sure."

She answered out of panic.

...

"Eh?"

Yes, this is the love story about two idiots.