ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ☆

By the time the next show had come around, you were feeling better than ever. The illness finally passing, you could've stayed out all night to celebrate.

They'd performed one more gig in Texas before it was time to move on to Florida, you found yourself sitting up at 4am in the tour bus as everybody else had already crashed out from the alcohol and tiredness of performing.

Having slept so much lately, it wasn't really on the cards for you at the moment. You lazily flicked through some TV channels, there wasn't much on so you decided to just leave MTV running while you made yourself comfortable.

You heard a bedroom door open, Izzy stepping out of his and heading towards the main area of the bus, where you were.

"Isn't it past bedtime yet?" he shot playfully, hitting your ankles to get you to move your legs so he could sit down beside you.

"Funny," you rolled your eyes, putting your legs back up and resting them on his lap once he'd sat down.

"How are you feeling now?" his inquisitive gaze ran between the television and your face.

"Way better, I think it's gone now, thank God."

"Good, had me worried for a while," it was as if he hadn't meant to say it, clearing his throat as he looked away, "I mean..."

"Glad there's no baby, I get it," you smiled, trying to help him out with his words. He nodded back in response.

"Yeah, that. Listen, I still feel bad about the whole party thing a few weeks ago. I know you haven't caught any feelings, I'm not sure why I was trying to rub another girl in your face. It wasn't like me, I'm sorry," he murmured, focusing on you again.

"It's all good, Iz, really," you reached out and patted at his cheek, the touch felt like electricity had just shocked you. You pulled away, quickly but discreetly, and coughed a few times.

"I might try and get some sleep, you know Duff will only worry if he catches me here," you began, shuffling to get up as Izzy agreed, "you should sleep too. Goodnight, Iz."

"Goodnight, Y/N."

He watched you walk off before pinching the bridge of his nose, eyes closing as he sighed, he was sure the last few weeks had been ageing him.

There was just something about you, something he couldn't ignore. No matter how many groupies he slept with or how much alcohol he had, ever since that night together, everything was different, and it scared him.

He wasn't a fearful man, far from it, but the feelings overtaking him were new and unknown. Then he had the issue of Duff, Duff definitely would hate him. Then there was you. You'd agreed to the 'just sex' thing, so you couldn't have been interested in him.

Besides, he didn't want to be tied down. He liked the single life, meant he could think about himself above all else, if he wanted to drive to a desert for four days he could. Nobody to have to worry.

Playing with his ring, he took the time to think back to when he'd first met you. He hadn't realized how much it tied in with his current situation up until now.

"Izzy, this is Y/N, the one I was telling you about!" Duff had excitedly introduced you to him, pushing you forward a little so Izzy could see you properly.

He remembered being blown away, you weren't at all what he expected you to be. He was expecting maybe a groupie looking chick, or one of those weirdos Duff hung out with that always looked like they were searching for crack. You were so put together, and the ever so slightly revealing shirt had him wanting to see what was underneath, even if he refused to acknowledge it at the time.

What was always clear was that you were off limits, forbidden fruit is what Axl called you, Duff made it known before you'd even met that there was to be no "funny business" and "you weren't like other girls" so the guys had no choice but to agree not to hit on you. Axl had tried a few times, he was never going to stick to the plan, but you'd rejected his advances pretty quickly so he'd eventually gotten bored of trying.

Izzy turned off the television, noting it was starting to get light out. He hadn't known how long exactly he had been sitting there thinking, or convincing himself everything about you was a bad idea, but he shook it off and decided to listen to your advice, sleep was probably the best solution.