Chapter 11

VERSE POV

I quickly land and see someone waving at me. "Are you the one Thrawn sent me to get?"

"Yes, most likely." I note he is about my height and has a mop of dark black hair that gives him a childish 

appearance.

"Please follow me." He says as we make our way to a lift. Once in side he stares at me in a questioning manner, "If you don't mind me asking, what species are you?" Irritation rises in my chest and I see him jump as my mask slips no don't showing him my "secret power".

"I don't know, your friend should have some answers." His face crinkles up at the mention of friend, but he doesn't correct me as we head to an imposing door with stormtroopers standing guard.

"We have an appointment with the Grand Admiral."

"We will need to check her for weapons." He says as I roll my eyes half tempted to try an old Jedi mind trick on him.

"There is no need for that." Thrawn says as the door opens. "Ttis'ah vacosetahn can." Please come in.

"Bin'vah vah." Thank you. I'm surprised that the dark haired boy follows me in and am even more surprised when I enter Thrawn's office which is now decorated with Jedi artifacts.

"Ttis'ah reb." Please sit. He says as he motions to the two chairs in front of his desk. "Continuing I believe the conversation could be mutually beneficial for both of us." He says switching back to Basic leading me to believe that this extra individual doesn't speak whatever I do.

"Is that true?" I say resisting the urge to put my feet up on his desk and stare at him.

"To begin I would like you to tell me what you know about this." He holds out a Jedi temple guard pike and I use the force to bring it to me studying the weight while the others study me.

"Well it wasn't necessarily built for combat, more of a ceremonial weapon, but could be used in battle if need be."

"What do you mean it is more of a "ceremonial weapon"?"

"Well you see it doesn't have a blade length adjustment and the pike would be difficult for someone my size to wield effectively in my opinion." Thrawn's face shows confusion and I sigh. 

"What part do you not understand?"

"You say it's not compatible with your size?"

"I didn't say that... Here let me show you." I remove my dual hilts from my hidden jacket pockets and the kid next to me looks like he wants to disappear into the floor. "This button on my left allows for blade length control while I have a dial on the right."

"Why is one a button?"

"Because it's easier for which ever hand I am using for defense to just have a button."

"You say whichever hand?" I sigh and have a sudden interesting in murdering both of them then running for my life.

"I am ambidextrous, but generally use my right just because I do."

"Interesting, am I annoying you?"

"Sorta."

"May I see your lightsabers?" Part of me says no, but at the same time I do want to show him I at least have a little respect for him.

"Fine." I swiftly take out my kyber crystals before tossing them to him.

"Interesting design, the wrapped leather and the engraving. I'm guessing you tend to fight for what you believe in." He looks up and his burning red eyes meet mine. "Now tell me - do you believe in this Empire?" A test - no doubt him trying to figure out if I am worth anything to him. If he wants to play this game fine.

"I think this Empire is nothing more than a crazy dream that will one day come crumbling down. Galactic pease should great but I think it is nothing more than a utopian ideal." The boy takes in a sharp breathe as Thrawn takes a step forward.

"Very well, here you go." Thrawn says turning his back to me abruptly. "You are dismissed Commander Vanto." With that the curious individual leaves.

"Now what is it you want to know?" I stare at him as I replace my crystals,

"What do you mean?"

"Someone of your particular... position who obviously has no taste for the Empire would not just walk in and help me unless there was some gain for themselves." Those words echo in my head as he stares me down.

I know I don't really write a whole chapter from one person's POV but I thought this was important to show Verse's first real sorta intentional interaction with Thrawn. (Actually this is the first time I've ever written a whole chapter from just one person's POV)

**ALSO I HAVE BEEN ASKED ABOUT WHY I HAVENT INCLUDED MORE REXSOKA MOMENTS AND FLUFF BUT IDK IN THIS PART OF THE STORY ISNT ABOUT THEM. BUT FOR ALL YOU REXSOKA SHIPPERS PLEASE THANK THE PERSON WHO DMED MY RELENTLESSLY BECAUSE THEY SHOULD BE COMING AROUND SOON AGAIN - MAYBE... (I'm trying peeps... like really hard)