no. eight

—————'feels like i've known you my whole lifei can see right through your liesi don't know where we're goingbut i'd like to be by your sideif you could tell me how you're feelingmaybe we'd get through this undefeatedholding on for so long'—————

—————
'feels like i've known you my whole life
i can see right through your lies
i don't know where we're going
but i'd like to be by your side
if you could tell me how you're feeling
maybe we'd get through this undefeated
holding on for so long'
—————

A SLIGHT POUNDING HEADACHE woke up the hungover Veronica. It's been a hot while since she really drank, and being in college, you'd think she'd been to many parties and getting wasted. She could only imagine. The last time she remembers getting drunk was around her senior year of high school. Bad decisions and choices led her to stop drinking for a long while, and throughout college, she hadn't picked up anything heavy—only coolers. Although, the celebration drink she couldn't complain about. So what it broke her streak, she got a prize bigger than she would've expected anyway.

Sunshine spilled through the bedroom walls as clothes were strung about in the room. Old bottles and beer cans also littered the floor, along with plastic wrappers and a few of Veronica's duffle bags. She felt the California sunshine into her eyes through the blinds as the pounding in her head got louder. She fluttered her eye open, feeling like her throat dried up and her hair stick to her skin. The memories of last night slowly came into focus; Miguel crushing the date, Johnny crushing the committee meeting, them drinking at the dojo, Johnny and Veronica then drinking back home, she kissed him, they took it to the room where she slept with him—she slept with him. She smiled at herself like an idiot back at the recounting. Truly, what an eventful night, and she got to do something she wanted to do to Johnny for so long, and now it came. Things between them are definitely different. Her arm was draped on Johnny's chest, and their legs tangled as her head laid close to his. She stood up slowly, using the blankets to cover her naked form as she sat on the bed, looking out the window. Her eyes squint and take a moment to adjust before Veronica wonders what time it was. Grabbing her phone on the floor, the glowing numbers read 8:30 am. She sighed, feeling drowsy in the early morning—definitely not an early bird. Suddenly, Johnny's alarm clock blasted through the room, causing Veronica to softly yelp and cover her ears—her hangover starts to increase its fuzziness and a migraine starts to form with the constant loud beeps. Johnny's fist soon slams on the clock, effectively shutting it off before he rubs his face to wake up. Veronica now cradled her head in pain on the floor, the hangover not being as small as it was with the empty, jarring space of silence.