2. Worst Ninja Ever

I woke up to a blinding light. I fluttered my eyes, willing them to focus. Finally they did, and I saw someone I didn't expect. Next to my hospital bed was my mother. She wept into her hands as tears dripped from her chin. I noticed April asleep in the chair that sat in the corner of the small room. She looked like she had been awake for weeks, actually, they both did.
Me: "Mom?" My voice was quiet and horse but she still heard me. She gasped as she looked up. She quickly bent over and hugged me.
Me: "Where am I?" She stood up.
Mom: "You're at the hospital..." I quickly cut her off.
Me: "I know that, but which one?" My voice kept cracking.
Mom: "Don't worry, you're still in New York. Selena and Kathryn haven't left the waiting room since you got here." I then started to remember. I remember the butterflies that pained my stomach as I fell. I also remember trying to do a quick back bend so that my arms and legs would catch me. Obviously it worked, if it didn't, I would probably be dead. I observed myself. My right leg had a brace on the knee and my left arm was in a cast. I looked at mom.
Me: "Could you wake April up?" She slowly walked over to April and gently woke her up. April looked at me, a sleepy smile on her face as she stood. She stretched then walked over and hugged me.
Ap: "How are you feeling?" Her voice was groggy with sleep.
Me: "Ehh, could be better." She chuckled.
Me: "Could you go get Kat and Lenny?" She nodded and left the room.
Me: "How long was I out?" Mom thought for a second.
Mom: "Three and a half days." I slowly started to sit up. Mom rushed over and sat the bed up.
Mom: "Better?"
Me: "Yeah." Just then, my precious angels walked in. They looked happy but also they looked like they were about to fall asleep right where they stood. They rushed over and attacked me in a hug but were very careful of my arm and leg. We stayed this way for a while, just basking in the moment. Until I realized they were crying into my shoulders.
Me: "Lenny? Kat? What's wrong?" They sat up, tears still streaming down their faces.
Len: "I thought you were going to die and there was nothing I could do to save you." Sobs made her pause between every other word.
Ka: "I shouldn't have dared you to climb the wall." Sobs made her stutter every word. I looked at them, tears pouring over.
Me: "Don't blame yourself Kat, I'm the one that was courageous enough to take the stupid dare. Lenny sweetie, don't feel bad, like you said, there was nothing you could do." They both dried up their tears and hugged me again.
Len: "Delilah?"
Me: "Yeah?"
Len: "You're the worst ninja ever." I laughed lightly at her.

Me: "Mom, when do I get to leave?" I was ready to be in my own bed. She smiled.
Mom: "I'll go get the doctor."

I frowned as I looked as the stairs. There wasn't an elevator in our apartment building. I sighed as I carefully placed the crutch on the first step and lifted my right leg. Once I made it up the stairs, I was worn out. So, I decided to change and go straight to bed.