03

It had been a week since Overhaul had come down to their cells. The children had been left to rot in their underground prison. No light, no fresh air and no human contact. But they liked it like that, the kids trapped in their cells all tried to get as close as they possibly could to one another. Their grimy hands reaching through bars and across hallways. Their hand's centimetres from one another.

"Maybe villain-man is off on a mission"
"What! He is obviously doing more research"
"Villain-man is probably fighting heroes"

Over the past years, the name 'villain-man' had spread. Until all six children called him this, however always when there was no-one around. They had heard his followers call him 'Overhaul', but calling him that nickname was one of the only things that brought a smile to Izuku's face. The other five were quick to notice.

The group's had decided that the reason for their quiet days was because the 'cure' was created. A permanent drug suppressant, made from their DNA, had been created. Leaving the six children to experience pain-free days. No more waking up next to an empty cell, the reminder of screams resonating through the back of their heads.

Villain-man had grown fond of Izuku. Whether it be his screams, his crimson blood or the look of deep hatred that dwelled in his eyes. Whatever it be, villain-man craved it. So much so he had stopped experimenting on the other five children. When he went down to the cells, Izuku was the only that came up with him. Izuku never minded. The chance to relieve the others of pain actually brought the occasional smile upon his face. The constant cycle of pain and darkness brought a sense of stability to Izuku's otherwise unstable life.

So after 5 days of no contact with villain-man, Izuku knew something bad was about to happen.

===
It was the next day that Izuku got his answer.

All six kids woke up strapped to chairs, facing one another, in the empty white room. For the first time in a long time, Izuku struggled against his bindings. His body thrashing and face flushed as he pushed and pushed. Bones cracking and he gave everything he had to escape his bindings. Izuku refused to accept this, he would not let others undergo any more pain. If the pale faces, wobbly smiles and pitiful eyes of the others were any indication. They knew this.

Unlike Izuku they had accepted their death long ago. Their only wish was being able to keep their little brother company and stitching up his broken heart again and again.

"You're awake", the door swung open with a bang. Villain-man stalked through the door his sadistic face replaced with that of joy. Izuku froze, he had never seen that face. In all 8 years, he had never seen him happy, only satisfied or sadistic. "I have a surprise for you all", as he said this the door creaked open once again. And through the door walked a small girl. She could not have been older than six with long grey hair, large horn on her right forehead and red eyes. Izuku didn't focus on her face however, he was looking at her arms. Bandages with tints of red covered her wrist up, no place left uncovered. The pain in her eyes seemed to call Izuku, a silent cry of help. He made a silent vow to save her.

"This is Eri, she will be replacing you all, seeing as she has provided results unlike all of you", Overhaul said.

While the others silently cheered, Izuku remained alert. The sadness and regret in Eri's eyes served as a warning.

"Pay attention", Izuku whispered, his words echoed through the room. Silence followed. Izuku never talked, all 5 children strapped to chairs knew something was wrong. Overhaul looked at Izuku, eyes glittering.

"Eri has provided me with a cure. You know what that means don't you?", he said as he slowly walked to 1. "You're not needed", with that he took a scalpel from the medical stand and slit his older brother's throat.