CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE

If you say soulmates are magical, it's really true.

From faint whimpers, a pair of eyes slowly fluttered open, greeting them with a familiar white ceiling.

Their bodies wrapped in white sheets, fingers laced.

"I.."

"Yeah"

Smiles curled up on their lips, looking at each other's eyes .

"Did you sleep well?"

"If it meant sleeping with you, then I did."

"Seriously, Taeyong is really mean—oh my god."

The soulmates' eyes find the owner of the voice.

"Hi Jaemin." Yeoreum greeted with a smile, and the blonde could just gasp loudly and run to her side.

"YEOREEUUUMMMIIEEEE-"

"Halt, your arm's bleeding." Donghyuck cut in when he was about to hug the girl.

"OH MY GOD, JAEMIN, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?"

The girl's familiar, booming voice made them halt their tracks and share a look.

"Tell me you also heard that" Jeno said.

"I did" Renjun replied.

"GUYS! THEY'RE AWAKE!"

☀️

"Slow down, Hyuck." Taeyong chuckled as he watched the younger man literally inhale the foods from the tray.

Yes, he's alive.

And yes, he's all healed up.

No wounds, no scars.

"Thankfully, Yeoreum isn't hurt, though." Harae softly said.

"Why? What happens if she ends up hurt too?" Lucas curiously asked.

"Well," she sighed, "the pressure of Hyuck's wound is heavy enough for the bond to work, but because Yeoreum is fine and all, she managed to heal him, and also because they're connected, she's all healed up too, so basically Yeoreum is the reason."

"I'm sorry" Donghyuck suddenly said.

They all turned quiet.

"I was such a jerk, Yeoreum. I'm sorry."

Taeyong gave the others a knowing look, and they nodded.

"Um, we're just outside, okay? We still need to train." Yoonoh stood up and placed a kiss on Yeoreum's forehead.

He flashed a smile at the boy and ruffled his hair, mouthing, "You can do it."

A sigh escaped from his lips when the door eventually closed. He gulped down his pride and looked at the girl beside him.

"Reum-"

"I love you."

He froze on the spot.

"That's how soulmates work anyway, right?" she warmly smiled and cupped his cheeks. "I love you and I forgive you. You've already been so much, Hyuck. I just wanted to be with you and maybe help you."

He smiled

"You're too precious for this dark world, Hyuck. Let me help you light it up, yeah?"

He nodded and leaned closer, their foreheads glued.

"I don't deserve you."

"No, we deserve each other. Let me in, Hyuck."

[You're already here.]

Why are you talking here?

[I'm shy]

She chuckled when he ended up in a pout.

"Say Donghyuckie.."

"Hmm?"

"Do you love me?"

Donghyuck smirked and suddenly pulled her closer, making her yelp.

"I don't know. Do I?"

"Okay, boomer" and she was cut off with a pair of lips.

"Gosh, it's not so Haechan-ish."

"What's not Haechan-ish?"

"This" he once again reconnected their lips and stayed longer than before.

He sucked on her lower lip, making her lightly gasp, using the opportunity to slide a tongue inside.

The kiss became deeper, the pleasure building up as their tongues fought.

It lasted for a minute, pulling away in need of air.

"I love you, Reum."

That made her look at him again.

"I'll die if I lose you again."

And that's when their tattoos glowed white again, washing the red hues away.

☀️

"We'll raid them" Hanbin confidently said.

"We what?" Bobby asked, shocked.

"You hear me. Let's show them what it tastes like."