CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN | THE 3D SONOGRAMS

📍Seoul, South Korea

📌Sinteria POV📍

"Hey you." I said as I walked into Jae-hyun's hospital room.

"What are you doing here? Is everything okay?" Jae-hyun asked as he quickly sat up. "Mom?" Jae-hyun said as his mother, Eun Jae walked in after me.

"Oh, we just came from Sinteria's appointment. You're going to be so happy when you see the 3D sonograms." Eun Jae said.

Jae-Hyun was confused.

"You took her to your appointment?" He asked.

"She's been going with me since your accident happened. She hasn't really left my side at all. It was annoying at first but I'm used to it now." I answered.

"I had to make sure my daughter in law and grandchildren were not under any stress with you being in a coma, Jae-hyun." Eun Jae said.

Jae-hyun smiled.

"Thank you, mom." Jae-hyun said.

"Did you send the video to Ho Goo?" Eun Jae asked me.

I nodded.

"Yes, I did." I answered.

"The babies are very healthy, Jae-hyun." Eun Jae said.

"They look so much like me." I said.

"Your little boy has your hair, Jae-hyun." Eun Jae said.

I pulled out my phone and opened the video and handed my phone to Jae-hyun so he could see the video.

"Are they smiling?" Jae-hyun asked.

"Sinteria played music and that's when they smiled." Eun Jae answered.

"Oh my gosh, that's amazing." Jae-hyun said.

"They're like a week ahead of their growth so they're growing very well." I said.

"But she's still at risk for an early labor." Eun Jae said.

"You should be on bed rest then." Jae-hyun said.

"No way, I have the company and you to worry about. There's no way I'm going on bed rest." I said.

"I'll start physical therapy soon so I can get rid of all your stress." He said.

"Take your time, Jae-Hyun, don't push yourself too hard now." I said.

"She's right." Eun Jae said.

"I like this." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"You and my mom being a team." He answered.

"I should have treated her like this from the beginning. I didn't realize Sinteria's worth until she took down your uncle and when your father told me the truth about why he made her interim CEO of the company." Eun Jae said.

"Yeah, why did he make you the interim CEO?" He asked.

"Turns out Sinteria has been a better wife than I have." Eun Jae replied.

"What does that mean?" He asked.

"It's nothing." I answered.

"It's more than nothing. Sinteria you have saved our family. Jae-hyun, it was Sinteria who brought out BUI to keep them from coming after us. It was also her, who made several investments for Han Group to attain majority shares in MH. She has done a lot for this family and the company behind the scenes and that is why your father chose her to be interim CEO. I always thought Sinteria didn't care for this family but I was wrong. She's everything I wanted for this family and you. I truly apologize for everything I have done to destroy your marriage." Eun Jae said.

I blink a few times to keep myself from crying over her words but my hormones got the best of me and I couldn't stop myself from crying.

"Oh, Sinteria." Eun Jae said, pulling me into a hug.

"That's all I ever wanted was for you to realize my worth, Eun Jae, I never wanted to divorce Jae-Hyun, I love him but I couldn't take how you treated me anymore." I said.

"I'm so sorry, I just took out my anger and insecurities out on you." Eun Jae said.

"And I'm sorry for allowing things to get so bad between you two. I should have done better to mend your relationship." Jae-Hyun said.

I pulled away and wiped my tears.

"That's better." I said.