Chapter 23: Tikari

"Well it's about damn time!" Naruto sang out as the two of us walked back into Sakura's. There was a chorus of cheers to follow as soon as they caught sight of our interlocked fingers. A huge grin covered Kiba's face as we moved to sit and rejoin the remainder of the party. He hadn't let go of my hand since I had kissed him and now was no different, even after he pulled me down to sit across his lap in the chair.

Ino was practically squealing, "You two are so cute together! Why did I never notice it before?!"

As she was distracted, Sai slipped her drink away from her. She had had enough for the night.

"They had to notice it first." Shino had moved to lean against the frame leading down the hall, beside the couch, "Or Kiba had to adm-"

"Okay, I get it." I glanced over to see a rosy shade coming to Kiba's cheeks. I couldn't help but grin as I gave him a soft kiss on his cheek. He gave me a smile that warmed his whole being. My heart quickened as I rested my head in the nape of his neck. Two cups were passed around the circle to us and we thanked them.

||~x~||

The night continued with pleasant conversation for sometime before people began trickling out the door. One of the first being Sai as he practically carried Ino home. And she thought Kiba and I were cute. The ones left were Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto, Hinata, Shikamaru, Kiba, and me.

"So what do you say we end the night with an old favorite?" Naruto grinned as he laid a bottle down on the coffee table between us. Scanning the room, I noticed Shikamaru and Sakura pale a little. A plot began forming in my head as I finally slid from Kiba's lap to sit on the floor beside him.

"Sure."

Naruto gestured toward Hinata, "After you."

The girl smiled kindly before giving it a swirl. We watched and waited until it slowed to point at the pinked haired girl.

Sakura debated for a moment, taking in a deep breath, "Dare."

Hinata sat in thought before Naruto leaned over and whispered something in her ear. Her cheeks gained a slight pink hue before saying, "Sit on Sasuke's lap."

A faint blush came to both of their cheeks as the pinked haired girl completed her dare. Sasuke rested his arm around her waist before she leaned over to take her turn. It stopped on me.

"Dare."

She smiled, "Kiss Kiba and kiss him right."

I moved back up to sit across his lap before wrapping my arms around his neck. He hugged my waist as I brought our lips together. The world began to melt away until some blonde decided to wolf whistle. Oh he was going to pay for that.

My turn.

I stared at the bottle as I willed it to stop on the blonde. But it had other plans, but I could work with these too.

"Truth," Shikamaru sighed.

A wicked smile came to my lips. "Spill it about the lake fiasco."

Shikamaru's eyes became the size of saucers, Sakura paled, Naruto froze, and I felt Kiba's body tense against me.

"What lake fiasco," Hinata asked. Naruto scratched the back of his head nervously.

Shikamaru gulped, "Tikari..."

"Come on. It can't be that bad." I looked between the four, stopping my gaze on Kiba. "Were you a bystander or participant?"

His face reddened as he tried to break eye contact. I could almost see the cogs turning in his mind as if he were trying to plan an escape. His Adam's apple moved as he swallowed, "Drunken cannonball competition."

I raised an eyebrow as I leaned in toward his face, "Is that all?"

He shook his head and took in a breath. Looking toward the arm of the chair, he continued, "Our drunk brains thought-"

I could hear Naruto's slight panic as he covered Hinata's ears. Kiba paused and took another breath. His voice came out soft, "Sakura tried to talk us out of the competition by saying we would get our stuff wet, so we decided to get rid of that factor."

I stared at him for a moment before taking a glance between Naruto and Shikamaru. The genius sighed, "And Naruto decided to do this birthday suit cannonball in fox mode."

My brain immediately imagined Sakura and Shikamaru playing mom and dad to a group of drunken idiots. Panicking as they ran and jumped for the lake in nothing but their skin. Though my stomach flipped at the thought of Kiba, the image shifted as I thought back to when I helped my granddad take care of Naruto and he was suddenly fox mode, naked, and two years old.

"Obviously, Naruto won," Sakura added with her face in her hands. "And celebrated immediately with a victory lap."

I continued to imagine the scene, but he was still a toddler. The laughter left my mouth before I could stop it. Naruto looked like he wanted to break into little pieces from embarrassment and Kiba's frame became rigid.

"I thought it was going to be worse than that." I laughed as I tried to contain my imagination. "Reminder: I've helped change his diaper before."

This did not help the color of Naruto's complexion. He waved his hands in the air, "Tikari stop!"

At that, we were all laughing.

----------

Sorry if that was a little anti-climatic. The lake story was more for something that Naruto would never want Tikari to know about. Being like a sister to him, he was embarrassed and knew she would never let him live it down.

Beyond that, they're together!!!!!!!

Hope you all have been enjoying this. The last chapter will be up tomorrow.

Thanks for sticking around and see you soon,

Kiki