Ep 20

PoV: Fleetaway

  I spent the last week teaching him the alphabet, and making sure he could talk better than before. All was was left was to get him to walk and work on his potty training a bit more.

"Okay Sonic, I want you lay down okay," I called him over and he climbed onto the couch. I couldn't expect him to walk normally right away. I needed to stretch his legs first so he could move them like he used to.

  He whinced at first as I had him lay his legs out completely straight. He bit my arm, but no where near as hard as he did the first day I brought him home.

"Hurts!" He yelled at me.

"I know, I know. It's just to help you walk," I rolled out his legs to make sure he wasn't cramping. He stopped whincing near the end, and he didn't curl his legs as much, "We're gonna do this everyday, okay?"

"No..." he wasn't happy about that idea.

"We've got you. You're a mobian not a normal hedgehog. You're supposed to be walking around like me, okay? You'll feel so much better when we fix that. I'll get you better," I looked away from the smile on his and focused on his legs again. I had no need to make him smile like that, I need to focus on healing him.

"Fleetaway~" he grabbed me, he did it... He said my name properly... My lessons actually worked...

"Yes?" I looked back at him. One leg straight, the other bent... he looked just like a mobian again... his wounds were healed... he could say short sentences without stuttering, and he was showing his emotions more normally. This was- No, No, what am I thinking? There's no bailing out of this. I'll take his picture and post the auction online- No... That's not right...

"Hello again~" Infinite had let himself in.

"You know, that's a bad habit you guys are getting. My house isn't an open show," I stood between him and Sonic. Sonic was staying quiet for now, which was good.

"He looks like his old self again, perhaps a bit more innocence too. Is he ready for sale?" Infinite placed a case full of cash on the table, "I'll pay any price for him."

"He won't be ready to sell for at least two months," What was I doing? Who cares who buys Sonic, he'll be tormented no matter what. It'll take less than 2 months for Sonic to walk if I get him practicing everyday.

"Very well. Here's some persuasion. I do hope to get him when he's up for auction," Infinite left and Sonic hugged me.

"Wha tat?" He pointed to the case that was left behind.

"Its nothing important," I tossed the case outside. It dispersed into red pixels, an illusion, "You want to go on a walk? Come on."

"Yes!" He got all excited and jumped down.

"No, no, like this," I helped him up onto two legs. He was shaky and couldn't lean on his own yet.

"Fleetaway... hurts..." he was wincing.

"I know, just try an take a few steps okay. You're almost healed," I felt a weight in my chest when he collapsed. He wasn't ready yet. For now, I'd help him practice standing.

  I gotta get him to someone who isn't Infinite... I need a good buyer- Or a friend...

"There goes my whole plan..." I sighed.

"Fleetaway~ Sonic!" He smiled at me.

"You're lucky bastard, you know that?" I ruffled his quills and picked him up.

  I guess this means I'm outta time...

~~~