two

Today was the birthday.

And unsurprisingly enough, the whole tsukishima household, plus a few family and friends, were rushing about the large house, trying to prepare everything for tonight's party. kei specifically, woke up pretty early and was forced to do a heck ton of cleaning and shifting of items for the whole day. This definitely wasn't how he had planned to spend it. Too bad his parents were bad at the whole organisation and preparation thing.

"kei dear, can you come help lift this for me?" His mother called from the living room.

kei sighed, putting down the vacuum in his hands, and making his way towards his mother. Who was currently struggling to lift a seemingly lightweight looking chair. He rolled his eyes and took it from her hands, placing it where it needed to be.

"Thank you sweetheart," She smiled. kei shrugged and left her without a word.

It was sad to say, but he didn't have the best relationship with his parents. It probably had to do with the fact that they're hardly around any more, unless of course they were doing something like this. kei was making his way back to the vacuum to finish up what he started, until another voice called him from outside in the garden and he was forced to drop his things and go. Today's going to be a long day. He thought to himself. Sighing once again as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

- - -

tadashi was currently standing in the middle of his room, looking at the pile of clothes he had just dumped onto his bed. They were leaving for the party soon and he still hadn't decided what to wear. You'd wonder why he even cares that much anyway, since he didn't want go in the first place. But hey he'd be meeting new people and first impressions count right? It was only about 10 minutes later when he finally decided on a pair of dark jeans, a baby blue button up shirt and his new pair of white sneakers. He also managed to do something with his hair. A little gel goes a long way. tadashi took his phone and journal and made sure they were safely tucked away into the pockets of his jeans, before heading out of his room.

Downstairs, tadashi was greeted by his father. "Where's your mother?" He simply asked.

"She's still getting ready. You know how long it takes her," tadashi sighed.

"I'm almost done!!" They heard her voice yell from her bedroom. tadashi chuckled a bit and watched as his mother came rushing down the stairs, wearing a deep blue dress, while her hair was loosely curled and opened. His father grinned lightly at her, while tadashi was putting on his shoes. Then, they were off.

- - -

It was around 8pm when tadashi arrived, and the moment he did, he didn't even step inside the house. The party seemed to already be in full swing, and his parents were long gone, probably off to meet their old friends or whatever. tadashi simply glanced up at the dark sky above him, and stared in awe at the twinkling beads of light. They looked so beautiful, the stars.
He imagined what it would be like to see one up close and in person, but that was definitely impossible. In fact he laughed at himself for thinking it could happen, even for a second. tadashi looked back at the house, the blasting music could already be heard from here, and the crowd inside made him instantly want to retreat. But he realised it would be awkward for him to stay at the front of the house, so he wished himself luck and stepped inside the large building. He was greeted almost immediately with the smell of food, drinks, a mix of sprays and perfumes and the odd smell of sweat which made his nose crinkle up. The atmosphere definitely wasn't to the freckled boy's liking, and he wanted to get out of there and to the garden as soon as possible. He managed to push his way through bunches of people, who were talking and dancing with each other. The door leading outside finally came into view and tadashi sighed in relief. He also noticed a small table right next to the door which seemed to have glasses filled with water on it. Thankful, he took one and gulped it down at lightning speed. That party was too crazy to be for some old man's birthday. But hey, who was he to judge? Once tadashi stepped outside again, he felt the cool night air flare against his skin and it felt wonderful. A nice contrast to the hot and stuffy atmosphere inside. tadashi saw a few people here and there outside, most of them in little groups, talking and drinking. It seemed much more calmer than inside, and he was grateful for that. tadashi took a seat at a small table, which seemed to have only two seats. He took his small journal out of his pocket and opened it up, writing down a few things once again. He kept it in his hand, while he looked up at the sky for the second time that night, and he was mesmerized. The stars looked breathtaking.

-

kei wasn't enjoying the party, like he had imagined. It was loud, stuffy and simply put, unbearable. He needed to get some fresh air, and he needed it now. Hastily he pushed himself through the crowds, trying his best not to knock anyone over. He was desperate to get outside. The feeling he was getting from inside the house was killing him. kei didn't manage not to get to the door without a few girls (and the odd boy), trying to pull him in. It almost made him want to throw up. How were people like this even invited in the first place? kei wasn't going to question it any further, who knows how his parents made their connections nowadays. He pulled himself through the door and stepped outside, light sweat coating his forehead. His head throbbed for a bit, but he was just glad he managed to make it out of there alive. He took a seat on the first chair he saw and buried his face into his hands, trying to get the feeling out of his head. The cold air of the evening seemed to be helping quite a bit. Once kei looked up, he was immediately faced with someone looking straight up at the night sky, their mouth gaping open a little bit and eyes full of wonder. The other hadn't noticed him at all, and kei honestly wondered why. If he were him, he would've definitely noticed the other person by now. Out of curiosity, he looked up at the sky, just to see what the other boy was seeing, and all he saw was a pitch black sky embroidered with tiny dots of bright light. To him it looked the same as any other night. kei cleared his throat, hoping to gain the attention of the other person sitting across the table.

He wasn't successful.

kei tried a bit harder, clearing his throat with more force, but it seemed like the other boy was lost in his own world. And kei wasn't sure if he found it cute or annoying.

"Excuse me?" He finally asked in a more loud tone.

And the boy finally looked back down, facing kei with the most dizzying expression. It was like he had just seen something unbelievable. The boy opened his mouth to speak but closed it again when he heard kei ask him if he was okay. The other simply nodded, his eyes still bright with wonder. kei looked at the boy for a little longer, it was the middle of the night and the dim lighting wasn't helping his eyes as much as he'd like it to. Yet he could manage to make out a pair of deep green eyes, a small button nose, pink tinted lips and the tiny freckles that danced across his cheeks. The boy's face overall simply looked, kei dared to say it, kinda cute. Which was surprising since kei was sure that during his whole life he had never thought that he would think of someone to be cute in such a way. A minute passed before either of them spoke.

"kei. tsukishima kei." The elder simply managed to get out.

The other boy blinked at him in confusion, "Huh?"

kei grinned a little, "It's my name."

The younger boy's cheeks flushed pink once he realised, "O-oh right. I'm tadashi, yamaguchi tadashi." He replied, his voice breaking a little in the middle of his words.

kei thought that this 'tadashi' was acting pretty cute, (more than he'd like to admit). But on the other hand, yamaguchi tadashi was at a loss. Just a few minutes ago, he was happily looking at the stars. Finding his favourite constellations, and even managing to point out a few of the planets that were in view. He was having the time of his life, until a certain voice had brought him back down to reality. Once he had looked down at it's owner, tadashi had found a whole new star that he needed to learn all about.