Chapter twenty

I slowly inhaled, and concentrated. Arthas was halfway across the planet, and I knew perfectly well that this was his time. The ground around me broke for miles as I began to run. Everything became a blur. I was running faster than light itself.

I timed my stop carefully and came to a stop right in front of Station Square.

Not quite. My running needs work.

"Clare?" I pulled her out and examined her again.

"I feel great, and powerful." Her crystal changed to yellow. Great.

I could faintly feel Arthas. He was a couple miles out, still destroying Central City. Not for long.

"If only Silver were still here." I looked in the sky, not seeing a single thing. I looked back towards Central City and ran at Sonics speed, which was unbelievably slow. I ran faster and faster to where I made it to Central City in under 30 seconds. I spotted Arthas, casting a spell or something, and stopped behind him.

I knew he could sense me. He stopped and turned around.

"Impossible..." Arthas charged his fist up, and summoned something it looked like. The ground started shaking as a couple buildings toppled. It was an adult alpha mountain guard. I didn't know how I knew that, but it was.

"I don't have time for games, Arthas." I got pissed and swung Clare as hard as I could at the mountain guards face, and Clare went into the head, and came out of the back. I killed the mountain guard instantly, and all Arthas did was watch in awe. I summoned Clare, and she flew right into my hand.

Arthas pulled his sword out and charged after me. I guess I had a LITTLE time for some games.

Arthas swiped left. I ducked and punched him in the face as hard as I could, sending him back a couple miles, making him drop Frostmourne again. This time I picked it up, and it shocked me.

"Nevermind." I ran where I saw Arthas last, and helped a few citizens out of the city on the way. I didn't need a helmet. My four tails and my glowing yellow eyes was enough hide my identity. Before I made it to Arthas, I saw Sonic helping other people. Before he turned around and saw me, I flew up in the sky as fast as I could, and got ready to ground pound Arthas.

"That was close." Clare broke my train of thought. I didn't reply. I kept thinking to myself. No matter how strong I was, Arthas was still a threat.

I saw Arthas looking up at me. In an instant, I reversed my tail rotation, and slammed myself down into him, creating a sonic boom. Dust flew up everywhere.

Once the dust settled, I saw Arthas's helmet shattered, falling to pieces. His face was pale, his hair was snow white, and his eyes were clouded with corruption. He immediately called for the universal sword, and walked towards me.

"YOU WILL DIE, BOY. I WILL MAKE YOUR DEATH LONG AND PAINFUL, AND I WILL ENJOY EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF IT." He was pissed, but I was calm. I knew exactly what to do.

I inhaled, and saw Arthas raise his sword to strike me.

I grabbed it, and pulled it out of his hands. The corruption and the darkness hurt, but I didn't care.

I exhaled, and broke the universal sword with my bare hands, creating a massive boom. It sent me, Clare, and Arthas back a mile. I caught myself before I hit the ground. Clare met up with me.

"Y-You just broke the..." She stuttered a bit. "You just broke the most powerful sword in the universe, with your bare hands..."

"I know. But we're not done yet." I walked towards Arthas. He was just standing there. I had a feeling he wasn't through with me yet, despite breaking his weapon.

"Killing guardians was nothing personal." He turned towards me. "But killing YOU. I will most certainly enjoy." He began walking towards me. I decided to toy with him.

"Oh I'm sure your pissed. And I'm sure you want your precious sword back. But face it, you're done. You saw me kill your strongest shadow demon, and you saw me break the universal sword with my BARE HANDS. That should make you run scared!" I laughed, just to mess with him.

All of a sudden that same voice told me more instructions. Something about the Ex-Dimension and a prison named DeMado. The universe told me to kill him, but in my heart, something was telling me to keep him alive.

The voice was telling me to think of a place I wanted my enemies to go, and focus. I trusted the voices in my head, and kneeled down. I spun my tails extra hard and thought about the prison to send Arthas to.

All of a sudden, a portal opened behind Arthas, and began sucking everything up. This is the end for him.

"Arthas Menethil, for your crimes against the universe, I was told you were punishable by death. But I think I have a more... Honorable approach." He struggled to stay to his feet as the portal began to suck him up.

"No! I will not allow this!" He tried reaching for me. That's when the voice in my head took over.

"As the guardian of this universe and all of reality, I hereby sentence you to DeMado prison in the Ex-Dimension until de-corruption. There, you will be locked up in the chamber of Moral Sordid, which will help you return to your normal state of mind. You will be powerless, and you will be obedient to your superiors during your time there."

Arthas smiled at me.

"See you in hell..." The portal sucked him up and closed behind him. The wind and the vortex stopped.

It's done. Arthas was no longer a threat to the universe. Clare looked at the spot where the portal was, and back at me.

"Tails? Are you okay?" The voice wasn't done yet.

"It's okay, Clare. I'll bring Tails back." Clare was surprised to hear me speak to her like that. That's when the voice went away. I could speak freely again.

"We did it... We beat Arthas!" Clare flew around me. I smiled at the feeling. And then I realized.

"Don't ever tell the universe I kept Arthas alive. If she finds out, she'll snap me out of existence and bring me back to do it again." I turned around and examined the city.

"You know. Now that I'M a universal sword... You're going to need to know how to space travel with your powers." Clare flew by my side.

"Sounds fun." I began walking to the city as my body returned to normal.

"What now?" Clare followed. I stopped, and looked back at the spot where the portal was.

"Now?" I looked up at the sky.

"Now, we wait for whatever evil comes next."

END OF CHAPTER TWENTY, THE GUARDIAN