"He knows"

I was enjoying my alone time seeing as my sister was busy and my mother was working

I was enjoying my alone time seeing as my sister was busy and my mother was working. I usually never get to be alone like this, but of course, it was interrupted by the doorbell.

"What?" I opened it and was kind of annoyed with who was behind it. Tate, Ethan, and Rachel.

"You and Rachel are going to spend the day together," Ethan informed me.

"No." I went to shut the door, but Tate stopped me. "Tate"

"Princess," he pushed past me, allowing them access into my home. "Hang out with her. An hour tops."

"And Tate and I'll be spending the day together."

"What?" Tate and I asked. "Why?"

"Because both of these people are important to us."

"Fine," I agreed. "Let me get dressed" I pulled Tate with me.

"If you wanted me to see you naked, all you had to do was say so." He joked.

"Don't say anything about my feelings or what's being going on with me."

"But he's your best friend."

"Yeah, but he hasn't been acting like it" I threw my hair into a low ponytail. "Promise?"

"I promise."

💛💛

I sipped on my smoothie as we walked around town. Mostly the conversation has been awkward small talk.

"I do have a question," Rachel asked while taking a seat on a bench nearby. "I want you to tell the truth. Do you have feelings for Ethan?"

This was a chance, to tell the truth, but what would that do for me? Drive us further away?

"Okay," I took a seat next to her. "I do. I'm in love with him, and I have been for years."

"He was right." She whispered.

"What?" Rachel snapped her head towards her. "What did you just say."

"He knows. Ethan's the one who told me you liked him"

💛💛

I ran all the way home, not wanting to be bothered by anyone, but of course, Tate was waiting for me once I got home.

"Woah, Andy, what's wrong?" He stopped me.

"He knew," I yelled. "Ethan knew I liked him. All this time, I thought he was just so excited about Rachel, but in reality, all he wanted was to get away from me."

"I'm sure that's not true."

"It is Tate! Nobody wants me! Not even my grandfather wants to spend time with him.

"Honey," I froze at my mother's voice, who reached out to grab me.

"Don't touch me." I snapped. "I want to be alone. Please" I looked towards Tate.

"Of course," he kissed the top of my head. "I'll see you later." I just nodded my head.

"Andy," I pulled away from Rory.

"I just need some rest."

Maybe one day I'll be enough.