"Hows dinner going?"

"Dinner was lovely, Emily," my grandfather spoke

"Mira does make a perfect casserole," my grandmother complimented her cook.

"Who's Mira?" My mother asked, not recognizing her name.

"Our cook."

"I thought the cook was Heidi?" My mother asked.

" we let Heidi go months ago." She told her. " she had a problem closing things— The door, the fridge, the liquor bottle," my grandfather finished for her.

" then it was Trina, then Sophie."

Blocking them out, I glanced down at my phone when a text popped up from Tate.

"How's dinner going?" -Tate. I send him a tumb down, not looking to engage in a conversation with him.

I went to close my phone when I glanced at Ethan's name. I missed him. "Wanna hang out when I get back from dinner?" I sent. I impatiently waited, knowing that he got the text. " with Rachel; rain check?"

"What about Andy?" I joined back into the conversation once hearing my name.

"What about her?"

"She doesn't wanna spend time with him," my grandmother pointed to her husband.

"Yeah, why would I wanna do that." I pushed back my seat and walked out.

"Andy?" Will asked on the other line. "Are you okay?" And that's when I lost it. I let out a sob. "Andy"

"I'm sorry for calling so late. I'm- it's just not fair."

"What's not?"

"Nobody wants me will." I dried my tears. "Not my family, not my best friend, nobody."

"Hey, I'm sure that's not true. I want you, Andy. You are a great friend."

"Thanks, will, but I'm not sure if I can agree." I hung up. I know he would talk to me as long as I needed it, but I didn't want to burden him.

💛💛

It was an hour later when we finally arrived home, and all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and get rid of this headache.

"God," I rolled her eyes when I noticed Tate on my front porch. "What are you doing here?"

"I brought you this." He hands me a bag and a drink.

" a chicken club and fries? Plus a banana smoothie?" I was surprised. "You remembered?"

"I told you, Andy. I like you."