"Two for none"

"I can't believe they're thinking about expelling you

"I can't believe they're thinking about expelling you." My sister, Rory, yelled at me while I rolled my eyes.

"The keyword being "thinking." "I smiled at her.

"And if they do, that will be the second time you've been expelled."

"And?" I asked, bored with this conversation.

Rory and I were almost nothing alike. She loved spending her free time reading, with our mom, watching movies, while I enjoyed spending my free time writing, partying with my friends, hooking up with boys.

"How can you not care." Her face became red, and I wasn't sure if it was because it was cold out or the fact I didn't care.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes once again. "Look, can you not tell mom? I'm sure the school will call her once they figure out my punishment, but for now, I would like it if I'm the one who tells her."

She looked at our mom through the window at Luke's and then back at me before slowly nodding her head. "But please tell her soon."

"Hello, mother." I kissed my mom on the cheek before walking over to Luke. "Hello, uke." I smiled big as where he did not.

"It was cute when you were younger, but now it's weird." He rolled his eyes. "Now, what can I help you with?" He faces straight as can be.

"Now, is that how you treat someone who's like a daughter to you?"

"Yes." He said without missing a beat. I was going to think of a nice comeback, but my mother showed up.

" what? It's not for me. It's for Rory, I swear." I heard my mom say as I walked away.

Some weird guy was talking to her, and I saw how uncomfortable it made her, so, like the good sister I am, I decided to stop it.

"Excuse me." He turned his head, looking me up and down.

"Two for one." He smiled at both of us.

"It's more two for none." I pushed past him. "And you're kinda in my space."

"You like my table, don't you?" My mom asked the guy, who looked at her confused.

"I-I was jus-"

"Getting to know my daughters." She smiled at him.

"Are you my new daddy?" Rory asked, causing him to run away basically.

"Good one."