Skyborn - Prologue

"Skyborn, sweet Skyborn, Your wings look worn

You shall fly no more, sweet Skyborn

Here be lain in this human form

Skyborn, you shall sing no more"

The Woman cackled as she lay the spell upon my tethered wings, I screamed and writhed but the knot stayed fastened around my violet feathers, wrists and ankles.

"Hope, young Skyborn, that's all you needed," she smirked. She knew I could not have stopped her from capturing me, even after everything I've been through, it has come to this. I will be spared. But only just.

To live as a human is nearly worse than death itself. When she is done tormenting me, I will be cast down, falling with no wings, to The blue planet, or 'Lite World' as my sister used to call it.

My sister was older than me and often flew down to The blue planet, she would come back and whisper stories of how the Liakorth (Liar-Korth) looked like glowing diamonds, She said the humans call them stars.

The Liakorth is where us Skyborn live. inside the glowing rocks, we fly through the harmless flames, to find a home.

She also told me of the cities, tall buildings reaching up to the sky, At night, she said, The cities glow. My eyes grew wide with wonder and I had always wished to see the 'Lite World' I never thought it would happen like this.

"AAGH!" the pain surged from the back of my neck and down to my shoulder blades, all the way down my spine and to my tail. I saw the dark feathers fall from my wings, and I lashed out at her but she flinched too soon to make an impact. suddenly I felt the familiar weight on my back vanish. Then the bone connecting them to me, broke and they fell to the ground. It was too late.

There was nothing I could do, nothing I could've done. I'm so sorry sister.

There was no blood, my skin grew instantly over the holes above my shoulder blades, and my wings whined as they hit the floor. I cried out in pain and anger, at her.

"It's not fun is it?" she gazed upon me like I was a pile of interesting dirt.

"What the hell do you think?" I snapped.

"Don't worry, the pain will wear off soon enough," she laughed at her own remark. I growled and screamed again as my tail, unattached itself from my spine. I was a heaped body on the floor surrounded in feathers. I looked up at The woman meeting her gaze. My eyes furious.

"Who the hell are you anyway?" I screamed, and managed not to cry from the pain.

"I," she started, and then crouched down beside my naked, human, body, right next to my face, "Am Hinter, and you are a human and do not belong here."

With that she picked me up from under my arm, and dragged me towards a round, deep purple door. I tried to pull away. I was too weak. I gave up fighting. I closed my eyes. This can't be happening, I thought. I opened them. This must be my destiny, I thought, Maybe I'll have a nice life on the 'Lite planet'. Who knows?

Certainly not me.