-36-

Jisung stared down the mug of hot chocolate Chan had made for him, sinking further into the blankets hanging off his shoulders. The fire in the oven was cracking loudly, almost drowning out the sound of Felix talking to his mother over the phone just outside Chan's living room.

"You alright, Ji?" Hyunjin softly asked, caressing the others shoulder.

Jisung shook his head no, making both Hyunjin and Chan pout.

Jisung turned to his best friend, looking so lost. Hyunjin had never in the years he had known Jisung seen him look so utterly hopeless.

"Why does he hate me, Jinnie?" Jisung croaked out, slipping silent tears from both eyes.

Hyunjin sadly wiped them away, hugging Jisung.

"I don't know, Sungie. I'm sorry." Hyunjin whispered.

Chan looked at the two sadly. He felt bad for Jisung, whom didn't know why the person he was the closest with and trusted the most in the world, suddenly started hating him and threw him out.

Felix silently re-entered the room, walking over to Jisung and grabbing his hand.

Jisung looked at the latter hopefully, eyes glistening with salty tears.

"Minho's pregnant. He was very upset when he heard about it. He doesn't want to keep your baby." Felix softly told Jisung, ripping off the band aid.

Jisung's eyes spilled over with more silent tears. He opened his mouth to speak, but couldn't get any words out. Jisung buried his face in his hands, shaking it softly.

"H-How?!" Hyunjin asked, confused about how Minho - a male could get pregnant.

"Minho was born intersex and changed into a boy at birth, but they never removed the uterus." Felix smiled sadly, petting Jisung's shoulder.

"Wanna call the others over? We can watch a movie and eat some food." Hyunjin silently asked, knowing how to make Jisung feel better.

Jisung shook his head silently, sniffling.

"Don't worry. No one expects you to be happy. It's ok to be upset, even if everyone is here. We just want to make you feel better." Hyunjin reassured Jisung.

After a moment Jisung nodded his head, rubbing his face furiously with his hands.

"I'll call everyone." Felix silently said, kissing Jisung's head and smiling softly at his boyfriend before heading back outside.

---

"LEE MINHO OPEN YOUR DOOR THIS INSTANT!"

...

"I AM SERIOUS!"

...

"LET ME IN, MINHO!"

...

"ARE YOU AWARE OF WHAT YOU DID? JISUNG IS WITHOUT A HOME NOW! HE'S NOT GONNA SURVIVE ON HIS OWN!" Mrs. Lee knocked harshly on the door.

The door flew open with Minho's crying face showing.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT FUCKING JISUNG! HE RUINED MY LIFE! HE DESERVES TO DIE!" Minho sobbed, clutching the skin on his stomach hard in his hand to try and kill the baby.

"MINHO! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING! HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO DIE!"

"HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO LIVE! HE RUINED MY LIFE, I HATE HIM!"

"YOU LOVE HIM! YOU LOVE HIM MINHO! WHY ARE YOU SENDING HIM AWAY! YOU LOVE HIM, DON'T YOU REMEMBER!" Mrs. Lee grabbed Minho's shoulders, trying to get him to remember in his blind rage.

Minho shook his head, twisting out of her grip.

"HE RUINED EVERYTHING! I WAS A BOY! HE RUINED EVERYTHING!"

"YOU'RE STILL A BOY, MINHO! THIS DOESN'T MAKE YOU ANYTHING ELSE THAN A BOY!"

"GOYS DON'T HAVE BABIES! I'M NOT A BOY ANYMORE BECAUSE OF HIM!" Minho hit the wall, crying loudly.

"MINHO STOP! THINK ABOUT IT! YOU ALWAYS WANTED A FAMILY! You always wanted children! You always wanted a husband that you love! Don't let it all go, you have it all on your plate, dear. Don't push Jisung away. Don't kill your baby. You love Jisung, and when your child is born you're gonna love them too. Don't you want that, dear?" Minho's mom followed Minho into the room as he slowly backed away, his rage turning into sadness.

"N-No!"

"Minho-"

"I didn't ask for this baby. I didn't ask for Jisung to ruin my life. I can't be with him, not after this. I hate him!" Minho curled up, holding his stomach like he was feeling sick.

The fatigue from before started to kick back in, making Minho softly curl into his bed, still crying.

"You love him, Minho dear. You love Jisung. Please just think about it. That's all I ask." Mrs. Lee kissed Minho's head, standing up.

She sighed, turning off the lights and closing the door, leaving Minho to softly cry himself to sleep, his thoughts haunted by his own demons.

---

"Sungie. What happened?" Jeongin worriedly asked, hugging his friend tightly.

Jisung only shook his head. He had finally stopped crying, and was in no shape to even think about what had happened right now.

Felix rubbed Jeongin's shoulder softly, smiling apologetically at his boyfriend.

"Does frozen two seem ok?" Hyunjin asked, flipping through Chan's Disney+.

Jisung nodded, sipping his now lukewarm drink. Everyone got comfortable on the couch, cuddling up in their blankets with bowls of popcorn in their laps.

Everyone joked and talked like normal during the movie, which Jisung was grateful for. If he tried hard enough everything almost seemed back to normal again.

It still felt wrong to Jisung though, no matter how hard everyone tried. Minho - his funny, happy, joking, teasing, childish ray of sunshine - wasn't there. It wasn't right.

Jisung kept quiet during the movie, munching on the occasional piece of popcorn that he stole from Hyunjin's bowl.

"Olaf kind of reminds me of Jisung."

That was the only time Jisung let something remotely resembling a smile fall over his lips the whole night, but as soon as it appeared, it faded into nothing.

Jisung fell asleep on Hyunjin's shoulder towards the end of the movie, exhausted from everything that had happened. The others - as soon as they noticed - quickly turned off the movie, then tip-toeing out of the house, carefully not to awake Jisung.

Felix decided to stay the night, together with Hyunjin, whom insisted on sleeping on the floor beside the couch in case Jisung needed him during the night.