one

"He'll help me, Stefan." I say, stuffing another random piece of clothing into my suit case. It wasn't hard to convince Klaus to get me out of Mystic Falls. It's all he's been wanting to do anyways- not that that meant I had everything figured out.

I had calmed down- after a tiny bit of compulsion but it still hurt whenever I thought about it. I tried not to but whenever it ran across my mind my body felt as if it would collapse.

Death is a hard concept to grasp no matter how many times you deal with it.

I tried to reassure myself it wouldn't hurt anymore once I was gone. I wouldn't have constant reminders around me, I would be distracted for awhile.

"You're not leaving because you wanna find your family, Scar. You haven't even told him about your family for Christ's sake- You're leaving because you've been wanting to leave with him-"

"Stefan don't lecture me now. Please. I'm not leaving forever. Give me time." I say, turning to look at him. He leans on my door frame, trying to hide his anger.

"He can't take care of you up there. What happens when you wanna leave? Is the creep gonna throw you in a casket like his siblings?" He says with a small scoff.

"Stefan." I say, giving him a look that was pretty much saying 'please stop'. He sighs, his posture relaxing.

"Sorry." He says.

"It's fine." I say, turning back to my barely packed bag. I pick move to my mirror, looking at the pictures taped onto it.

"In all honesty I know he won't hurt you." He says as I began pulling off the photos. The sadness sets in again as I remember. When I thought of Jeremy I thought of Jenna, Alaric, mom and Dad. It was just a pool of sadness.

I blink away the tears as quickly as they came, shoving the photos into my bag.

"So what are you so worried about?" I say, turning back to him.

"I don't want you to love him."

I shuffle uncomfortably in the passenger seat where a blanket had been covering me, thankfully. My eyes flutter open as a soreness spread throughout my neck from the position I had been sleeping in. I wince slightly at the pain, shifting my position and deciding on not going back to sleep.

"We should've stayed at a hotel." Klaus speaks up from the drivers seat, his eyes flickering to me- noticing my discomfort. He insisted on staying at some hotel before we actually left earlier in the day. I didn't want to- I wanted to leave as soon as possible, even if it meant sleeping in a very uncomfortable car seat.

"I hate hotels." I mutter, groggily as I look out of the car window. I felt so frail and vulnerable. Losing Jeremy and then leaving practically everyone I knew within the same five hours probably wasn't one of my best impulsive decisions. Not that I regretted leaving- I just couldn't get the image of the looks on all of their faces out of my head.

Elena, Caroline and Stefan were stubborn. Refused the idea pretty aggressively before realizing they really couldn't really stop me (I'm pretty sure Klaus is the reason they reluctantly backed off but I'll take credit.) Nonetheless, the attempts to convince me to stay continued. Even when they were sure I wouldn't.

Damon understood though (in some weird protective fatherly way). When he looked at me it was looked as if he were in physical pain to see me that way. I overheard him telling Elena- in an attempt to make her accept the fact that I was leaving- that he had literally seen the light leave my eyes.