two

"You made me chloroform the girl- for christ's sake. Tell me where I can find them."

"The bayou, but you tell nobody of this. Understand?" A voice snaps. Theres a short silence followed by retreating footsteps. I shuffle uncomfortably on what felt like a concrete surface.

I feel a sharp pain run through my hand, making my eyes snap open and I look down to the wound. A large cut had been there, a bloodied mess. I hiss in pain, sitting up from where I had been lying on the floor. I look up to a black haired woman staring at me. Tattoos scattered her arms and her eyes were darkened by smudged eyeliner and dark eyeshadow.

"Good, you're up." She says, raising her hand to toss me a water bottle- which I dodge with a grimace. She furrows her brows before they linger to the wound on my hand.

"Oh right." She mutters.

"Who even are you?" I ask.

"I really don't think it matters but I'm
Sophie- and you're Scarlett Sirené, right?" She asks making my brows furrow in confusion. Before I can even think of what to say, I take in my surroundings. Stone walls, candles and an opening to the outside. I peer out of the doorway to see graves.

Oh god were they gonna bury my ass alive?

"How do you know who I am- and Why am I in a cemetery tomb?" I say, trying to come off tougher than I was currently feeling. I felt drowsy and shaky- and not really in the state to pick a fight.

"I'm guessing you don't know about your family's legacy then." She says making me shake my head.

"What does that have to do with you? How do you even know who I a-"

"Locator spell- which has put me through actual hell by the way. Just to find you." She says making realization wash over me (although I was still confused as fuck)

"You're a witch." I mutter to myself, still trying to somewhat connect the dots.

"If you can consider a witch who isn't aloud to practice magic a witch- then sure."

"Why can't you practice ma-" A woman steps into the room. She was older, but she was way more stressed than the younger witch who had been in my company.

"He's here." I look to the older woman in confusion. Who the fuck was here. I bring myself to my feet- despite the soreness spreading throughout my body. I really wanted to get the fuck out of here. Two more witches enter the room, standing beside me as if they were security guards. Now I was really freaking out.

"Scarlett?" A familiar voice speaks, entering the room. Immediately a sigh of relief escaped my mouth as the familiar vampire enters the room- wearing his usual suit. On instinct I go to approach Elijah- already feeling safer in his presence but My arms are gripped by the women beside me. Elijah's eyes trail to the wound on my hand.

His look of confusion is replaced with irritation.

"What is the meaning of this?" He asks, his attention snapping to Sophie.

"We need your help." She says, cooly. So this did have something to do with Klaus and Elijah. Of course it did.

"What, precisely, is it that you want and what does it have to do with this young woman?"

"We want to run Marcel and his vampires out of town. Klaus is the key. Everything Marcel knows about being a vampire, he learned from Klaus. Marcel trusts him, looks up to him, and he won't see the betrayal coming." Sophie explains. Marcel? I look to Elijah in confusion. He picks up on this but continues the conversation.

I already knew this wouldn't end well. Blackmailing an original just never ended well- my sister can vouch for that.

"Yes, well, as I'm sure you're aware, my brother Niklaus doesn't like to be told what to do." He says.