four

"I can't believe he's left me to babysit." Rebekah mutters in annoyance as she leads me down a long hallway in the ancient house.

"At least you're not the one who needs a babysitter." I grumble. After a small spat with Rebekah, Klaus announced that he was going out to get drinks with Marcel.

He then threatened Rebekah into keeping watch of me AND keeping me in the house which I wasn't too happy with. He was gone before I could object.

Let's just say that whole situation along with figuring out he had probably lied about Elijah didn't leave me on the best terms with him.

"At least now we have time to search this house inch by inch until I find what my evil brother has done to my good one. Lucky you, you get to help." She says. I ignore the statement, I had already planned on helping.

"The governor had lots of secret rooms. I'll show you his favorite." She says, taking me to a dusty, cobwebbed cellar where three coffins had been laid out.

"He keeps the coffins on standby..." I trail off in disgust.

"You know as well as anyone that Klaus gets his jollies from keeping us in a box, until he decides to pull the dagger out." She says, her eyes flickering down as if a bad memory had snuck upon her. "That must be what he's done to Elijah. " She says looking back to me. I feel a frown settle onto my face.

"This ones mine." she lets out a dry laugh, looking to a coffin.

"I'm sorry Rebeka-"

"Nonsense. You have nothing to apologize for- especially not to me." She says, avoiding my gaze. Guilt was evident in her voice.

"Maybe its possible Klaus didn't do anything to Elijah- maybe he was telling the truth." I suggest after a short silence, wiping the dust from my clothes. Rebekah looks to me, giving me a look that I can read as 'are you serious'.

"Okay, not my brightest idea." I admit, just as Rebekah lets out a huff and falls onto the old dusty bed.

"Elijah's isn't here –he must've stashed him elsewhere." She says letting out a small huff of annoyance.

"Well where could he be?" I ask, sweeping my thoughts for ideas.

"No idea- but I'll find him."' She says. I can tell she gets lost in her own thoughts for a second, her eyes lingering on her own coffin.

It was kinda morbid to see. My heart twisted in my chest.

"So..." I say, making her eyes snap up to me. "I'm guessing you've had some kind of past with this Marcel guy- by your reaction when Klaus mentioned him earlier."

"Some kind of past' is one very light description of our exchange." She says making me raise a brow. They have definitely got it on if yaknow what I mean.

"It's actually compli-"

"Is he hot?" I ask. Rebekah is caught off guard by the question.

"I am not answering that." She says, shutting me down completely.

"I've got a missing brother and quite frankly I don't feel like babysitting. So be a good girl and stay put." she grumbles, leaving the room for me to follow right behind her.