Shinozaki's Curse...

Ayato and Chika were soon finishing with what they need to find in the library to carry on with their investigation.

Ayato: Are we done?

Chika: Yes...(I still can't believe Shinozaki told me all that...what does he mean by...He shouldn't have been born...what is he talking about...?)

It was still very...concerning...

According to Ayato...

All men within the Shinozaki bloodline were supposed to die either at a young age or once they're married.

Ayato, is one of the few males that had survived...

For Now...

Because it's rare for a male to exist within the Bloodline.

So for Ayato, he was a special case...

Chika had question him what the curse had to do with the other males dying...

It was confusing...

Ayato had told her this...

Ayato: I think the curse started because of Yoshie Shinozaki...or maybe...the Nirvana...

Chika: ???

Ayato: Her husband, Seiji Shinozaki had suffered the same fate as my father did. Every male name from Shinozaki's family is crossed out in the family tree but his. There is also a photo of him in his house, but his face is covered in scribbles.

Chika: Wait WTF....Why?

Ayato: I'm not sure of the answer myself but...due to an unconfirmed circumstance or strange occurrence, the Shinozaki family only produces female heirs.

Chika:....

She gestured for him to continue...

Ayato: The Shinozaki Family adopts male heirs thus the heirs inheriting the Shinozaki surname, but this also comes with each and every male dying a few years after the birth of the child. Seiji's fate was no different as referenced by a brief scene within the Shinozaki estate.

Chika: But...So...does that mean...you're also an heir to the Shinozaki Bloodline...

Ayato looked for a second but shook his head...

Ayato: Yes but no...that title was originally given to my cousin...Ayumi Shinozaki...

Chika:....

Ayato: But...She's dead...and no one remembers her but my family...

Chika: ?!!

Ayato pulled out a picture and show it to her. Chika looked at it to see a blue hair girl with pigtails sitting to next to other students in what seems to be a friendship group getting ready to have their picture taken...

But....

Once Chika got a good look

Once Chika got a good look...it only shows the face of the blue hair girl...the other faces were...

Chika: ...What the hell?

Ayato emotionlessly stared at the picture himself.

Ayato: That's what I thought...Ayumi given me that picture sometime before her death. She looked so happy with her friends...just too bad...the people along with her in that picture are no longer alive either...

Chika: Wait...What?

Ayato:....Their existence was erased as well...

Chika: (Well shit...Now this is serious. Is it possible that these kids...just like us are here in Heavenly Host. I wouldn't put it past me if that was the answer. Like Shinozaki had said, there's no way in hell they're still alive right now. But something puzzling about this picture)

Ayato: Tachibana...?

Chika: Oi...Shinozaki...If the teens in this picture existence has been erased...how come your cousin's face isn't blacked out???

Ayato stayed quiet for a minute or two as if he was looking for the right words to say to her.

Ayato: That's what I'm going to find out myself. The same situation is that with Seiji Shinozaki. As soon as males im family die, their existence is erased....no one besides me and my mother remember my Dad. No records, no occupation, no photos. Everything about him is gone...the only thing I have of my father now is my memories of him...

Chika:....

Ayato: But back with Seiji Shinozaki, despite his death. His existence wasn't erased from history.

Chika: Eh?

Ayato: The same goes to Ayumi. So many mysteries. But I know all of this has something to do with Heavenly Host. Which leads me to one thing...before we can begin the ritual...

Chika: Shinozaki...What are you saying...?

Ayato:....What I mean is...

.....

"We have to find my cousin's body here in Heavenly Host to find out the truth..."