Kairos

"She wished she hadn't been made this way. That she was like Mika or Irene or anyone else. She didn't ask to be this way, she didn't want to be this way. She just wanted to be someone he would love, she just wanted to be beautiful in his eyes, she wanted to be good enough for him. Good enough to be with him, good enough to love him, to be deserving of his love. She hated the way she looked, the way her face looked, the way she does certain things. Why couldn't she just be like other girls? why couldn't she be graceful? be pretty? be feminine? She was focused so hard on changing herself to be "better", that she didn't notice she was destroying herself just to feel like she fit in, that she deserved to be looked at and loved.

She really loved Erik, loved him so much her whole body ached. She craved to be with him but she thought she couldn't because of how she looked and how she acted.  No one knew except Damien. Bless his heart. He talked with her, cried with her, and comforted her every time she broke down. He always reassured her that Erik does love her so so much, she always didn't believe him saying that he only told her that to make her feel better.

Often, she wandered the halls thinking, wondering. She always bumped into her love and always ran away ready to cry in Damien's arms again. Erik thought it was because she didn't like him, that she was disgusted and repulsed by idea of him and being with him. He had no idea how much she adored him. He had no idea how willing she was to change her entire self just to be "good enough".

One day he finally had enough of her running. Erik grabbed her hand as she started to run, pulling her to face him. 

"Let go, Erik" She tried to pull back her hand but he held it tighter. 

"Why do you keep running from me, princess?" He asked looking into her eyes. 

She looked up and met beautiful purple irises filled with sadness. She stopped pulling and stood still as he let go of her hand. 

"Are you disgusted by me?" He asked making her eyes water. 

She didn't want him to think that. Erik was so precious in her eyes. She never wanted to be without him. 

"No! I'm not disgusted by you, Erik. How can I be disgusted by someone so incredible?" She rubbed her arm for comfort. She felt like she was going to faint, a tear fell from her eye, quickly swept away by a finger. "I-...princess, are you crying?" He moved closer, reaching a hand out to touch her arm. She looked at his hand and the tears started to flow. She couldn't hold it any longer. She sobbed into her palms, slowing down as she felt arms around her. "No...I can't..." She tried pushing him off but he held her firm. "I... don't...I can't be with you." those 5 words made him stop and step back, physically feeling a sting hit his chest. "W-why not?" He had to know, he was terrified what the answer might be but he had to. "I'm not good enough to be with you!" She blurted out, running past him into the safety of her room. Erik was confused by what she said. Not good enough? but she was perfect, practically a goddess. At least that's what he thought to himself.

Erik followed after her, barely making it to her room. He was surprised to see Damien there just as Damien was surprised to see him. "Damien?" A gasp escaped her lips and her head snapped to look at him. "What are you doing here?" She sniffled, grabbing Damien's handkerchief and wiping her nose. "I couldn't leave you, Y/n." He answered taking a step towards her. Damien quickly excused himself, sensing that they needed to be alone. Erik sat next to her on the bed, close but not making contact. She didn't know whether to scoot away or embrace him, so she stayed still, looking at her fumbling hands. They stayed like that for a while, basking in familiar silence. That gave her time to think of what she should say, what she should do. She looked up at him which made him do the same. "I'm sorry I made you feel like I was disgusted by you. Funny enough, I thought you would be disgusted by me, even if you didn't do anything to suggest it. I... actually feel the opposite, I love you, Erik. I'm sure even Eros would be jealous of my love for you. To be honest, I've always felt this way, since the day I gave you my second kiss. I couldn't bring myself to tell you because I know I'm not good enough for you. I'm not Mika or Irene nor will I ever be, no matter how many times I try. You are so incredibly astounding and I'm...me. I understand if you don't like me but please know, I will never be disgusted by you and, I love you, Uzaeris." She gave him a weak smile. She squeezed his hand and started to leave, only to be whirled around face to face once more with the man she adores."

"Well, that's how I learned mommy loves me, little monarch" 

A/n:

Thank you so much for all the love and support left on previous chapters. I really do appreciate them, more than you know. I'm a bit rusty at writing cuz I haven't been practicing so this may be a little bad. I hope you enjoyed it anyway, thanks for reading!