Ch 3. Home Terrible Home

"Fasten your seatbelt passengers, we're ready for the landing." 

Came the pilot's announcement. While all passengers began to awake, one seat next to a sleeping obnoxious man, was empty. 

"Camilla, did you see where the girl on seat 13 C go?" The same air hostess from night before asked her colleague. 

"Nope." 

Just then the lavatory door next to the air hostess opened. Out came the dark haired, strange girl she was looking for. 

"Good morning Sheryl." Malinda said reading the tag on the stunned air hostesses breast pocket and walked on. Sheryl on the other hand, still riddled by confusion looked into the lavatory as if it had a secret door. 

~#~

The sun was setting and dark clouds raged in the sky over a certain mansion. The wind howled loud and swept all the warmth away from the house just as a loud roaring thunder tore through the sky. Inside the mansion though, everything was unaffected by the spooky environment. A family of 6 was seated around a dining table along with.. A Hand. 

"What a beautiful evening it is, the thunder plays a sensual melody." The woman seated next to the man at the head of the table expressed. 

"Oh but not as beautiful as you, Cara Mia." 

"Oh Gomez!" The woman said as the man placed continuous kisses along her arm. 

"Oh Morticia."

"I wish I could use the thunder to shock Pugsley to death." The little girl at the table said. 

"Now Wednesday, remember, no play at the table." 

"Can we play after breakfast, mother?" The boy, Pugsley asked this time.

"Of course." She replied. 

"But I thought I was going to read a story to you after breakfast? A scary story." The bald man at the table spoke to the two children. 

"Uncle Fester, dawn is the time for real horror stories." Wednesday replied and Pugsley nodded in agreement. 

"My granddaughter has adapted my characteristics!" The old lady, Grandma Adams, busy adding strange things to her food, sounded out. 

The happy family is interrupted by screeches of bats. It was the doorbell. 

"Ah... first of our guests for Festers wedding have arrived I think. I will welcome them, abysmally." Morticia announced and left the table. She walked down the long hallways that were dimly lit and climbed down a rickety grand staircase to open the front door. 

There stood a pale girl under the rising moon, 7 bags at her side and 3 on her shoulder. Her black, water soaked dress, dripping onto the porch. 

"....Malinda! Dear, it's been so long.. We thought you were dead." Morticia expressed surprise. 

"Unfortunately, not quite so, dearest sister-in-law."

"Oh please, call me Morticia. Gomez and Fester are going to be so disappointed." Morticia says in a lively tone. 

"One could only hope." Malinda replied flatly. 

"Oh nonsense....... Lurch! Bring some towels!" Morticia shouted over to be heard in another room. 

"Apologies, I'd invite you in right away but the water dripping down your clothes would clean my rotting carpets." 

"No worries. I do remember how much you love your home decor."