Ch 3.5 Best Friends

After breakfast, which Malinda thought would never end, she floated around finding her way to her room. The west wing was a high tower. Malinda stood in front of her door. It was covered in spider webs and their weavers.

"Hi there Mrs Swiny, Miss Beldom. Hello to you too little Fred." She pushed her door open even as it creaked eerily. 

A gust of storm winds blew in through the large dome shaped window which had a few cracks in the glass. Malinda closed her bedroom door behind her and took in her old room. She walks to the window and perches herself upon the dusty window sofa. A couple of hay stuffed pillows and blankets piled on it. Looking outside she could see the Addams's graveyard.

It smells rotten... amazing!

Just then someone pulled her hair. 

"Thing… I couldn't forget you if I wanted to." The Hand crawls out from behind the window jumping up and down. 

"Uhh yes I know it's been very long, I'm not sorry I left without telling." Thing makes a few more gestures. 

"Of course you are still my most horrible friend."

Thing shivers and then climbs onto Malinda to give her a familiar friendly choke.

"You too Thing, you too!" Malinda smiles a menacing smile and walks away from the window sofa, Thing on her shoulder.

"Wanna help me unpack?" Thing makes more gestures and jumps off her shoulder.

"Alright, cut open those boxes."

More gestures from the hand.

"No, we won't be making any sacrifices in my room anymore.. I got bored of it."

The Hand's demeanor looks somewhat disappointed. 

"Come on now, I have more fun things we can do!" She pulls out box after box after box which all make hissing sounds. "We are going to give these little slithering friends of mine the most horridly comfortable homes." 

(cue montage!)

~#~
Hello my melancholy friends! I hope you enjoyed this mini chapter with Malinda and her Best friend.

You can imagine Thing and Malinda bond together playing with Tarot cards, digging up in the dead lawn of the house to find worms and trapping rats together. They also wrestle each other and Malinda always loses and stops talking to Thing. But then Thing beings her moldy bread, her favourite food and they patch up again. I imagine clips of all these events playing with the song.

Haha I hope you enjoy their connection and vote and comment on this story if you do!

See y'all soon!