The Struggle

The Struggle (Rain)

     Rain was in a bad mood. The zombie apocalypse didn't help. He stood in the snow that had arrived early in their village, deep in thought when it began. Suddenly, he tensed as he heard someone running in the snow, just behind him. He turned to find Abigail, his best friend and lover was the one running. She stopped, gulping for breath. Her strawberry blonde hair was long and tangled, as if she had been in a fight. Her eyes were the color of maple, but something was filling her eyes. Fear, he realized. But why? What had happened to her? "Rain, I think there's something you need to see over there," she said shakily when she had caught her breath.

     "What? Abigail, what is it?" he asked but she didn't respond. She only rushed ahead, so he chased after her silently. Rain quietly noticed that some of her arrows were missing. Her bow was still inside, though. Maybe she had been fighting with someone. Or something.

     Once they reached a clearing, he saw what was so important. Several people were crowded around it but cleared the way for him. A zombie. A dead one with an arrow through the chest. So that was what Abigail was fighting. She looked fine, nothing serious. But a zombie in their village...an apocalypse was at risk. Their home was no longer safe.

      "Rain, there are thousands more. This is just one. And..." she paused.

     "What?" he asked carefully.

     "Herobrine is leading them." A heartbeat of silence. Two heartbeats.

     "T-tell the others and get them out of the village. W-we're leaving," he ordered. She nodded and ran off. Something caught his attention in the corner of his eye. Blood. Behind him, Oscar, his childhood friend, was bleeding from a wound on his hand, but it wasn't just any wound...it was a bite wound. From a zombie. If he wasn't handled, then they would be dead quicker than he thought. That would need to be solved. They could just put him away until he was cleared. Rain told everyone to stay away from Oscar, and to put him into his home. Then, Rain went to gather everyone up. 

So that was part one, everyone! What do you think?