The Struggle Pt. 3

Rain fought off as many as possible. They were everywhere. The group that he had been fighting with looked terrible. They were all splattered in blood, and tired. The village wall was closing soon. Where was Abigail? It was nearly nightfall. She was supposed to be here. Had something happened to her? No, he wouldn't let that thought in. The stone wall started to lower. He finally spotted her. She was running, hundreds of zombies chasing her. The wall was almost closed.

    "Rain!" she shouted.

    "Abigail!" She ran faster. Just as the wall was about to touch the ground, Abigil slid under. She was covered in little blood, but otherwise looked good.

    "Come on, Rain. We can't stay much longer."

    They traveled for days. Through the cold, unforgiving winter. Luckily, it was morning. For mobs to attack them during daytime wasn't likely, but still, there were no promises. She sat by a campfire with Rain, head low. She kept thinking about the village.

"We can go back," Rain said quietly.

"What? Rain, you know we can't," she said softly.

"Maybe it was only a few stray zombies."

"You saw the hundreds. No way was that just a few."

"And what is the point of moving away? Running away?"

"A new life, Rain. A better one. For us." He just swallowed. They didn't speak for a while after that.

    It turned nightfall too soon for Abigail. Too many monsters. And worst...Herobrine himself was here. Just for them. The villagers who had gotten away. Rain had insisted on taking him on. He was doing just fine as far as she could tell. One glance and she saw a bloodied Herobrine, teleporting away. Many laid dead around her. Some were zombified. But over behind her...there was hope. A bridge, leading to the other side. A path to safety, to the new life she had promised Rain. "Rain, the bridge!" He just nodded and ran to it. She did too. Walking across it felt odd. She didn't trust the bridge because of all the creaking. But she walked. Almost there...but then her hopes exploded. Literally. The creeper behind her had blown up. Destroying the bridge.