Begin Again Pt. 2

The princess would make a fine queen. Neaus had known that from the moment she looked upon the kingdom-her kingdom. The look in her eyes told him. The thirst for power, for control.

Neaus walked through the portal as it glistened. The black obsidian frame along with the purple swirling inside was the portal to the Nether. Looking behind him, he found her. Well, her body, anyways. She had obviously taken an arrow to the head, killing her. He scowled. He had intended to find her alive, but...it might be easier this way. Easier to persuade her to join them, to fight for them. He smiled as he jumped through the portal once more, but this time, with the heir in his arms.

Begin Again (Abigail)

The past is just ashes in the wind. Rebirth, begin, and begin again. That is what she told herself. What she told herself when she had failed at anything. She had begun telling herself this not too long ago.

She walked up to the king's throne, kneeling.

"Your highness, Abigail, the long lost heir," Neaus announced. Abigail lifted her head to meet the king's eyes. There was not even a flicker of emotion as he just simply nodded to her. Abigail couldn't help but be hurt by this. Suddenly, there were footsteps behind her. She turned to see...a wither knight. Twice her size and height. He kneeled.

Scoffing, the wither knight spoke. "Your highness, I do not believe she is the true heir. Even if she is...how could you follow a girl into battle?" King Glutton sat forward at this. "I am a wither knight. I challenge this...this girl for the throne, as I am more worthy than she." Abigail stood and stepped in front of the Wither Knight.

She scowled. "I am the true heir! My battles in the Overworld-"

"Oh yes, yes. Your battles in the Overworld prove nothing. You still wounded up dead, did you not?" Abigail pushed him aside...or tried to. He didn't even budge a bit. Instead, he laughed and pickup her up by the neck. She struggle to get free but could not. "See? How could you allow this weak girl to lead the Horde, much less rule the kingdom?" He threw her back. Abigail took a rather hard tumble, snapping off her horns. They weren't real ones, just a headband that Neaus gave her so that she would fit in. Her eyes stung from humiliation. She could feel the tears forming, threating to pour out. So she ran, Neaus calling after her. But she did not turn back.

She scowled thinking about that. She hated that Wither Knight and would kill him in the arena on her coronation day. She would prove that she was the heir, and that she was not to be underestimated. So, she trained with Neaus. Every day. Sparring back and forth on this particular day, Abigail was stronger than ever. They started about a few weeks ago. It was hard to tell because Abigail never really knew the time. But she did know that today was the final day before the coronation, tomorrow, where she would meet her challengers. She would kill them all if it meant proving herself. Perhaps that was her weakness, perhaps it was not. She aimed for Neaus's open side. He quickly defended himself, which was what she had wanted. Now he had a weaker grip on his weapon. Then, in the blink of an eye, she disarmed him of his blade.

"Ah, very good princess. You are ready," he said.

"Yes.Thank you Neaus, for all you have done for me." Even as she spoke these words,she had only one thought; The past is just ashes in the wind. Rebirth,begin, and begin again. This is what I was meant to do. This is my destiny.