Begin Again Pt. 1

Begin Again (Abigail)

Abigail awoke. She was in a palace room with a balcony. In front of her stood a...a skeleton? It was different from the rest, it was larger than others and wore a purple cloak.

"Ah!" she shouted, backing up.

"No need to fear me, princess. My name is Neaus." he said. His voice was deep and had a certain echo to it.

"P-princess?" she asked.

"Yes. You are the long lost princess of the Nether."

"N-no I'm not...I just want to go home. Y-you have the wrong person," she objected.

"Do I?" a chuckle, then "No, you are the princess. Look below, princess. This is your kingdom." She caught her breath. Below was a fiery realm, blazing with lava and flame. The Nether. She was the princess of the Nether. The Nether was the opposing realm to the End. She smiled at what Rain would say. He would say that this was too grand. But...not for her. As much as she wanted to return to her old life...did she? A village life, dangers every night, with barely enough to get by? No, that was not for her. This was the life for her. But...it didn't matter. Rain was gone. Forever. She felt a burst of rage inside of her. They had taken him from her. She wanted revenge. For everything.

"Y-yes. I will be your princess. I will fight for you."

Neaus nodded. "Ah, welcome home, princess."

She smiled. "My fiery passion should soon blaze the Nether Reaches."

"Yes, yes. But you've been gone for a while. The horde, they question your humanity, as you seem not fit to command the army." Her smile disappeared. "Challengers to the throne await you in the arena. "

She turned to face Neaus. "Then I'll accept the challenge! My battles in the Overworld prove I am not to be underestimated. There's no time for this. I know how-"

"No, princess! You are yet to absorb the Nether Star. Do not make haste. I will train and prepare you for the coronation. Tell me again; do you know who you are?"

She fell silent. "I am the long lost princess heir to the throne of the Nether King. Teach me the ways of this blazing realm. Then challenge me with the fiercest warriors you have. I will prove my worth to the Horde."

She no longer had a weapon. The bow that she so dearly loved was destroyed at the bridge. But that was her old life. It didn't really matter now, did it? She had a kingdom, and a powerful one.

"Princess, I have a gift for you," Neaus announced.

"Oh?" she asked, arching an eyebrow. Neaus knelt on his knee, presenting a spear. It was a beautifully crafted weapon, red and black with thorns and a ruby on the top that shined so bright, Abigail had to blink a few times.

"This is the Ruby Thorn. It is the most powerful weapon in the Nether. It will give the user teleportation, and when a foe is stabbed with it, the foe will take on the Wither Heart Curse. I am proud to present it to you."

Abigail nodded, accepting the gift from him. "Yes...this will be more than perfect. Thank you, Neaus."

"Yes, princess. I will personally train you." Abigail nodded once more. And so, her training began.